• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2008 Detroit Lions predictions...right here!

When he was playing with Miami and Oakland, he really shouldn't have been playing...he should have been rehabbing the knee some more. I will say this, the guy has and insanely strong arm and is deadly accurate. IF Roy Williams was still on your team along with Calvin Johnson, it could have been exciting to watch. It could still be entertaining with just Johnson though. Even when he was "mobil" he was stripped of the ball a LOT. Small hands = fumbling. After watching him for years in MN, I wouldn't say his greatest asset was his running ability...it was his accuracy....with one season he almost had a 70% completion percentage with almost 5000 yards.

His arm strength is the only asset he's got left. But there are plenty of QBs that have/had just as strong (maybe stronger) of an arm than Culpepper, but the mobility was what separated him from the pack. And as far as his days in Miami and Oakland, do you really think that the reason he wasn't effective is because he should've been rehabbing his knee? His major injury in Minnesota was October of '05 IIRC... so rehab for 3 years? My main point is that he's nowhere near the player he was back then, and no amount of rehab is going to turn back that clock. He had 2 pretty significant knee injuries within a 3-year span in MN.

Something you have to remember with those Viking teams where he was putting up great numbers is the offensive line they had. Those guys were good. Plus, Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson combined aren't as good as the '99-'04 Randy Moss. And I think you know as well as I do what has happened to his numbers since he's been without Moss.

I think there's plenty to talk about around here, what with this being possibly the worst team in the modern NFL era and their quest for 0-16...

Don't give yourselves too much credit; Cincinnatti is 0-8 right now and is looking pretty darn pathetic. I would also venture to say that one of Oakland's two wins was a fluke and the other was against KC. You've got some real competition for the top draft pick.

lions remaining schedual is tougher than Detroits so they have more of a chance to win

CINCY DET.

vs. JAC @CHI
vs. PHI vs.JAC
@ PIT @CAR
vs. BAL vs.TB
@IND vs.TEN
vs. WAS vs.MINN
@CLE @IND
vs KC vs. NO
@ GB

Detroits schedual looks to be way tougher on top of the fact that cincy only has 3 away games

Something you have to remember with those Viking teams where he was putting up great numbers is the offensive line they had. Those guys were good. Plus, Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson combined aren't as good as the '99-'04 Randy Moss. And I think you know as well as I do what has happened to his numbers since he's been without Moss.

Actually the games that Moss missed with Mn, Culpepper actually played just as well. In 2004 Moss played only 13 games and only had 767 yards recieving on only 40 some catches. He was limited due to hamstring injuries and other various things. Culpeppers stats that year were:
16 games played
69.2 Completion %
4717 yards
8.6 yards/pass
39 T.D''s
11 Int
110.9 QB Raing
He actually had his best year the year Moss played and produced the least.

The o-line was also nothing super special outside of Matt Birk. Bryant McKinney is good but not pro-bowl caliber, and the right hand side is normally just no names. Name our leading running back from 2004..............Give up? The original Whizzinator himself, Ontario Smith with 522 yards and 2 TD's

Elraido can research stats. :D j/k

I'm still sticking by my original point: the Culpepper of 2004 (pre-back injury and pre-blown out ACL/MCL/PCL) is nowhere near as ineffective (and nowhere near as enticing of a FA pickup) as the Culpepper right now.

Its entirely up to us now!

Its entirely up to us now!

Way to sack up "Bungels", but that's ok, there's only room on the block for one POS team and that's us, the "Lydowns":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Nothing like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! There's NO way the Jags are going to lose 2 in a row to POS teams, so 0-9 is right there for the taking, one game at time guys, one game at a time!

Atlease we were pre-seaons champs:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Elraido can research stats. :D j/k

I'm still sticking by my original point: the Culpepper of 2004 (pre-back injury and pre-blown out ACL/MCL/PCL) is nowhere near as ineffective (and nowhere near as enticing of a FA pickup) as the Culpepper right now.

I have just watched most Vikings games since the early 90's. :laugh: One major thing going against Culpepper is that he is his own agent and he thinks too highly of himself. That is one reason why he hasn't signed on yet with anyone. He wants to be a starter and be paid well (hence why he doesn't have an agent...he doesn't have to cut him any money). He doesn't realize that he might need to take a back up spot and play his way into a starting role. Is he has good as he was before 05, no. That much is clear. But, he still should be a starting QB in this league for a team looking for a short term answer. He is better than what Detroit, KC, MN, San Fran, and Cincy have right now.

Let me ask you this: if Culpepper was still good enough to compete in this league, why didn't New England jump all over him after the first week of the season when Brady went down? SF would rather roll with J.T. O'Sullivan than take a chance on Culpepper?? Don't get it twisted; the Lions front office doesn't "know something everyone else doesn't"... I can't understand how this signing makes any sense (and it's pretty much a done deal from what I've heard and should be announced sometime today) for them. You blew a 2nd-round pick on a guy (Stanton) and this move basically cements his non-future here. I mean, I don't think Drew Stanton is going to be worth a crap in the NFL, but if your scouting team thought he was good enough to grab early in the 2nd round, then lemme see what the hell he can do.

I'll always have fond memories of Daunte... that '04 season of his earned me a cool $500 from my fantasy football league. :D But them days be long gone.

Let me ask you this: if Culpepper was still good enough to compete in this league, why didn't New England jump all over him after the first week of the season when Brady went down? SF would rather roll with J.T. O'Sullivan than take a chance on Culpepper?? Don't get it twisted; the Lions front office doesn't "know something everyone else doesn't"... I can't understand how this signing makes any sense (and it's pretty much a done deal from what I've heard and should be announced sometime today) for them. You blew a 2nd-round pick on a guy (Stanton) and this move basically cements his non-future here. I mean, I don't think Drew Stanton is going to be worth a crap in the NFL, but if your scouting team thought he was good enough to grab early in the 2nd round, then lemme see what the hell he can do.

I'll always have fond memories of Daunte... that '04 season of his earned me a cool $500 from my fantasy football league. :D But them days be long gone.

Like I said, his pride is getting in the way. He simply wants too much money. He could have had a back up spot in Green Bay earlier this year, but he said no because not enough years, not enough money and he wouldn't have been an automatic starter...and that is what he wants.

Tennessee had a close call yesterday because it looked like they were looking past the Packers... I don't see it happening again.

The Lions defense has been getting torn up lately... Johnson and LenDale White might go for 100 apiece against them.

Tennessee had a close call yesterday because it looked like they were looking past the Packers... I don't see it happening again.

The Lions defense has been getting torn up lately... Johnson and LenDale White might go for 100 apiece against them.

But you held AP in check rather well.

I know its too soon to plan this, but where is the 0-16 SEMI CEG party going to be held at:shrug::laugh::eek: Like they say..."misery loves company" and "laughter cures all!":laugh::laugh::laugh:

The rust on Culpepper is going to be like the rust on an old F-150....alot of it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I see many pics, sacks and turnovers...wait, will Dante' stop and eat the turnovers:laugh:

Back