• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Joe's Powder Co. (pricing listed inside)

Arctic Cat snowmobile suspension parts coated arctic cat green:
newpics079.jpg

newpics078-1.jpg

newpics077-1.jpg

MDSD Headers coated high temp silver:
newpics166.jpg

Blood red valve covers and misc. bolt heads. I lightly dusted the bolt heads with powder to see if they will hold up.

powdercoat112.jpg

powdercoat113.jpg

powdercoat115.jpg

powdercoat117.jpg

powdercoat119.jpg

powdercoat118.jpg

Joe, if I sent you my springs, would you be able to prep (e.g. bead blast) them? Or would it be sufficient for me to sand them by hand with a coarse grade sandpaper?

SoopaCooga said:
Joe, if I sent you my springs, would you be able to prep (e.g. bead blast) them? Or would it be sufficient for me to sand them by hand with a coarse grade sandpaper?

I can blast them, but I had a problem getting the existing powder coat off springs in the past. I don't like to do chemical stripper on springs either because I don't want to comprimise the metal. I can coat over existing powder coat but I won't be able to warranty the adheasion and it is most likely going to come off.
You can just go ahead and send them to me, I will get that crap off of them ;)

96RedSE5Sp said:
Can you, by any chance, do a satin olive green?

Let me look into getting that color for you. I will let you know today :)

Well, from the company I order from I can get this:
Gloss Military Green Polyester
-oil and fuel resistant
S5743042_image.jpg

Adhesion issues, eh? Hmmmmmm.

I will be able to blast them down to metal with no problems but it takes time if there is good powder coat on them. Each situation is different. It will probably be 2 hrs of blasting for those springs, worst case.

Well, I didn't do the water pump housing I have yet, but here are some other goodies :)
Black chrome exhaust trim on my moped and a timing cover:
powdercoat122.jpg

powdercoat123.jpg

3Lbuild052.jpg

Yellow oil pan:
3Lbuild053.jpg

I had this sweet purple metallic illusion that I have been wanting to use that I ended up coating this computer case with for someone. They look AWESOME!
The metallic has different colors in it and really turned out good.

powdercoat125.jpg

powdercoat126.jpg

powdercoat127.jpg

powdercoat128.jpg

Back