• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Be careful searching for 3L motors.... know where they came from

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I was seriously considered buying a 2004 Taurus 3L from a local yard with 21k on it for $400. I did some more searching on their JY site and found the car they are in. Notice how the motor is pushed into the fire wall :eek:...... I just took that one off my list:rolleyes:.

06435B-3.jpg

The motor doesn't look like it would be at affected at all to me. The damage doesn't appear to protrude much beyond where he rad would be. Just my thoughts at first glance. Per the jump pack, it must still run and drive fine.

not mine SON! :laugh:
I got the carfax report of the car mine was pulled from. I know where it has been, how long, and what happened to the car it was in :D

Pole120 said:
The motor doesn't look like it would be at affected at all to me. The damage doesn't appear to protrude much beyond where he rad would be. Just my thoughts at first glance. Per the jump pack, it must still run and drive fine.

Yeah, I don't think the fire wall pertrusion would effect it in anyway, should start right up :rolleyes::crazy:.......

Just warning people who get 3L's and drop them right in, you might end up with one that was shoe horned from a car like in the pic above.

My 3L was in a Taurus that was in a front end crash. The only noticeable damage was to the dipstick :laugh: Everything else was intact

Yeah, I don't think the fire wall pertrusion would effect it in anyway, should start right up :rolleyes::crazy:.......

Where is there fire wall protrusion? The core support is pushed back a bit, that's nothing major right there. The motor isn't sitting in the front seat. I wasn't knocking the post or mocking you, just pointing out that it doesn't appear to be that bad. So keep rolling your eyes and taking it personally. :help:

Where is there fire wall protrusion? The core support is pushed back a bit, that's nothing major right there. The motor isn't sitting in the front seat. I wasn't knocking the post or mocking you, just pointing out that it doesn't appear to be that bad. So keep rolling your eyes and taking it personally. :help:

come on josh:nonono:

im sorry but i laughed when i seen this post!!:laugh::laugh:

But to stay on track the motor does not look like it would be bad..Ive seen alot worse, I know somebody that owns a junk yard you should see some of these cars!!

Actually, I think the ad says "2004 3.0.DOHC AT DNS" - I think the DNS means DoesNotStart..... I should check it out. It is only about 20 minutes from my house.

Actually, I think the ad says "2004 3.0.DOHC AT DNS" - I think the DNS means DoesNotStart..... I should check it out. It is only about 20 minutes from my house.

I would say check it out in person for sure. But hopfully all is well and you can pick it up!!

Back