• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Emissions testing

loggerbomb

Hard-core CEG'er
Does anyone know for sure if you can pass emissions with headers in Ontario? I have been trying to find out exactly, but the Drive Clean website is so vague it's frustrating.

Makes me wish I was back up home. I lived in an area that was some kind of emissions dead zone. The towns to the north, west and east all required them, but we did not. :shrug:

Yup, you can. As long as your main cat is in good order and nothing wrong with other emission systems you'll pass. Mine passed with gutted pre-cats, almost same thing. Readings were same as on the other car with pre-cats.

they do a visual inspection. but if most shops are like where my GF works. they only actually look at your exhaust if it sounds like its leaking. thats the only time she ever looks at the system

they do a visual inspection. but if most shops are like where my GF works. they only actually look at your exhaust if it sounds like its leaking. thats the only time she ever looks at the system

Well good to know, though knowing my luck they would be doing cavity searches on mine! :laugh:

Back