• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally got it.

so my light went off today. so i went back to advance auto to get the scanner and make sure the light just didnt blow. it didnt read any codes. Does that mean it was just a malfunction?

that means you got lucky ,a few years back my parents and us all went to florida in their new windstar and got all the way to south Georgia and got a CEL on the way back home it went out and never came back:shrug: bad gas :shrug:something in the air :shrug: who knows:shrug:

it could have been a fluke, or it could be something else that is intermittant. watch your gas milage ....

It's a Contour, it's prone to little quirky things. lOl! Light comes on, light goes off....

...or a CTS. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
if i take it to the ford dealer to have the computer checked with that one i got(just to be sure) how much will they usually charge for that service?

if i take it to the ford dealer to have the computer checked with that one i got(just to be sure) how much will they usually charge for that service?
most parts stores do it free Auto Zone I know for shure does

Don't take it to Ford for the codes!! As royal said, go to AutoZone and get it done for free. Always get the code numbers and don't listen to what the dude tells you is wrong.

Brad answered your question about the CEL and inspection. The vehicle goes through a "drive cycle" to check to make sure all systems are working properly. The CEL is telling you something is wrong. If you clear the code before going to the inspection station, you run the risk of a diagnostic being incomplete and failing emission testing.

i went to advance auto and got the code... thats how i got it in the first place. but since it went off... i was thinking of going to the ford dealer to make sure the code didnt happen to pop up durring an inspection

a clean scan is a clean scan I think you should be ok:cool: when is you inspection due:shrug:

ok.. thanks..

and.. umm... i really dont know... in a while. but the code will still be there if i dont do anything about it. but i trust yall.. you know more about it than i do. plus with the infor on the link you sent me, ill be alright

the code will not be there if it doesn't come on after the drive cycle;)

Back