• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

painted inside or out??

pithon987

Hard-core CEG'er
well im baking 2 pairs of headlights this weekend and i need some opinions on painting the eyebrow on the inside while its open or just on the out?:shrug: will it fade faster either of the 2 ways?:confused:

well im baking 2 pairs of headlights this weekend and i need some opinions on painting the eyebrow on the inside while its open or just on the out?:shrug: will it fade faster either of the 2 ways?:confused:

most people just paint the outside. depending on your lenses fade you may not see them if you've painted the inside. outside looks great i would do a coat, of your color of choice, and then a clear coat. which ever kind of spray you use is up to you. hope this helps and that they turn out good!

Ive never personally seen eyebrows on the inside, i imagine they wouldn't look AS good because up close they wouldn't blend with the fenders as well, and i guess they would fade quicker because of the heat from the bulbs

hmm that might be true i have never seen any painted on the inside either anyone else have some input on this?:shrug:

Paint both. That way you don't have to decide.

That's actually a really good idea cause then if it does chip the light won't bleed through. I only painted the outside on my dd and it has held up fine for a few thousand miles now.

Back