+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 227
FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Thread: #49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Do you mind if i ask how much you plan on spending at BPE? i read that they offer different stages of porting and such. It's something i kinda wish i did on my car.
    '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 3L Always broke.
    '99 SVT E1 BLK/TAN#0741 Sold
    '07 MAZDASPEED3 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Do you mind if i ask how much you plan on spending at BPE? i read that they offer different stages of porting and such. It's something i kinda wish i did on my car.
    Here is the email that Steve sent me. I'm cleaning the heads myself and disassembling the valves and valve springs. They will be doing a stage II port job, valve unshrouding and some valve work. I'm debating on whether I will be using Mountune valve springs or the stock springs... so I'd imagine it will be around $500 or so for the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve @ BPE Racing Heads
    Mike,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, we can help you with your heads, The cost would depend on how we receive the heads, what all you would want done and how you wish to receive the heads back. Most customers send us their heads "as removed" from the vehicle with all hardware (camshafts, rocker arms, adjusters, etc.) removed, other than valves & valve springs. We disassemble, clean, inspect the heads & parts, reface, tip & back cut the valves, do any desired porting, finish cut the seats, final clean and assemble (new valve seals required). Customers receive their heads back assembled, ready to re-install cams, other parts and ready to bolt on. Here are some sample costs (labor only, parts extra):

Stage I & Competition Valve Job Package - $765.00
    (add for valve un-shrouding - $85.00, $850.00 total)
    Stage II & Competition Valve Job Package - $945.00
    (includes valve un-shrouding)

If you have the facilities to disassemble and clean the heads yourself and just want porting alone done to the heads (includes finished seats but no valve work) the cost on clean bare castings we receive would be:

Stage I Porting only
    - $270.00
    (add for valve un-shrouding - $85.00, $355.00 total)
    Stage II Porting only - $450.00
    (includes valve un-shrouding)

Thanks again.

Steve Bronston
    BPE Racing Heads
    702 Dunn Way
    Placentia CA 92870
    Tel 714-572-6072
    Fax 714-572-6073
    www.bpeheads.com
    -Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

That's not bad at all. If my motor ever asplodes I'll get me some of them, thanks.
    '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 3L Always broke.
    '99 SVT E1 BLK/TAN#0741 Sold
    '07 MAZDASPEED3 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    That's not bad at all. If my motor ever asplodes I'll get me some of them, thanks.
    My thoughts exactly. I'll be disassembling my heads later this week and then cleaning them. I should have more info by late next week.
    -Mike
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

argh... crap just seems to be draggggggggggggggggggging on.

Just an update. I decided to disassemble the heads myself (rather then paying $75 to have someone else do it, guaranteeing myself everything will be in order), which required some specialty tools. I have since ordered these and they should be arriving tomorrow. So hopefully this weekend I will get everything apart that I need to and then send them off for the port and polish work Monday....
    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Quote Originally Posted by CSVT#49 View Post
    argh... crap just seems to be draggggggggggggggggggging on.

Just an update. I decided to disassemble the heads myself (rather then paying $75 to have someone else do it, guaranteeing myself everything will be in order), which required some specialty tools. I have since ordered these and they should be arriving tomorrow. So hopefully this weekend I will get everything apart that I need to and then send them off for the port and polish work Monday....
    Where did you get the valve spring compressor? I can't find one that will fit. I used a hammer and socket to take them apart. Figured I would take it to a shop to have them put back together. I havent called around to check on a price yet but wanted to compare the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by MikesStripedSVT View Post
    Where did you get the valve spring compressor? I can't find one that will fit. I used a hammer and socket to take them apart. Figured I would take it to a shop to have them put back together. I havent called around to check on a price yet but wanted to compare the cost.
    Via the Ford Service CD...

Also here are the mastery kits, which I order that contained the kits pictures above,

TKIT-1990-LMH/MH FORD ESSENTIAL SERVICE KIT

T88C-1000-ST FORD ESSENTIAL SERVICE KIT

I also just bought a transmission tool kit to rebuild my MTX-75 too....

T94P-1000-FH/FLMH
    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

mike i think you officially have more money in tools for your build than i have in my whole swap. way to make me look bad!
    R.I.P. CSVT "clockwork" totaled 10/29/10 n/a 3L 220whp 212 trq

Quote Originally Posted by TRicker View Post
    mike i think you officially have more money in tools for your build than i have in my whole swap. way to make me look bad!
    Yea well you didn't rebuild your engine like I am either.
    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Default Head Disassembly Pics

Alright well I've torn down one head and man it went smooth. Having the right tools is worth the money. You can gain an idea of the time by the amount of beer left in the bottle

Now I have to wait for my other kit to get here so I can remove the valve stem seals.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 227
FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast