+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 232
FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: #49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Quote Originally Posted by contour2gq View Post
    Ok i wasnt sure even tho i recycled my last 2 engines lol. Never thought to look if they was sleeved from the factory
    um let me clear something up for you buddy. this is an aluminum block, how could it possibly NOT be sleeved?
    R.I.P. CSVT "clockwork" totaled 10/29/10 n/a 3L 220whp 212 trq

Quote Originally Posted by TRicker View Post
    um let me clear something up for you buddy. this is an aluminum block, how could it possibly NOT be sleeved?
    idk buddy. I dont really think you cleared anything up by asking a question

Finally got a piston over to Wagamon Brothers. Hopefully should have my custom pistons from Diamond Racing in a couple of weeks.

Also on another note Lamettry's finally had a chance to review my photos and is in the process of putting together a quote for me.
    -Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Quote Originally Posted by contour2gq View Post
    idk buddy. I dont really think you cleared anything up by asking a question
    you have to have some sort of hard metal bore for the cylinder walls or the heat would be too great for an aluminum piston and aluminum cylinder walls it can't be done. a sleeved block is the only way to get this effect on a car engine i do believe. some two stroke engines can run a NiCasil coating which is very hard and prevents wear. so to answer your question, an aluminum block will always be sleeved.

so when "sleeving" is being talked about on a car application, they probably mean that they have to RE sleeve the block to run a bigger piston. you can only bore a cylinder wall so much before you run into problems. some of the more knowledgeable guys in the forum can maybe enlighten you with a number of how much you can bore a stock 3L block.

Subscribing, this thread is one of the best build threads I've seen in a long time. You can see high hp/uber suspension builds all day but there is alot of new stuff being done here.

Also while you are ordering all the stuff from the UK, why not grab a Mondel Trip/Fuel computer with the upgraded fuel pump sender and temp sensor? Beats the everliving crap out of the dash clock recontent.

This

http://www.mirez.co.uk/images/Trip.jpg
    -00' Contour SVT #1245 of 2150. Trubendz Borla exhaust, BAT Catted Y, Spec shifter, Injen CAI, NPG Big Brakes, Modded Sunroof.
    -98' Mustang GT. PI Engine, exhaust, Cobra front bumper/R hood, 3.73s, deep dish Bullitt rims, lowered, lots of other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
    Subscribing, this thread is one of the best build threads I've seen in a long time. You can see high hp/uber suspension builds all day but there is alot of new stuff being done here.

Also while you are ordering all the stuff from the UK, why not grab a Mondel Trip/Fuel computer with the upgraded fuel pump sender and temp sensor? Beats the everliving crap out of the dash clock recontent.

This

http://www.mirez.co.uk/images/Trip.jpg
    pretty sure he has one already
    2006 Cobalt SS/SC AEM intake and nothing else atm......
    2004 GSXR 1000
    2005 Foci ZX5
    GONE 98 #0895 3L, 99 #2439, 98 #0474 3L, 98 #0844

Well then I just look silly lol. Oh well mine is leaving jolly old England this week so its new to me.
    -00' Contour SVT #1245 of 2150. Trubendz Borla exhaust, BAT Catted Y, Spec shifter, Injen CAI, NPG Big Brakes, Modded Sunroof.
    -98' Mustang GT. PI Engine, exhaust, Cobra front bumper/R hood, 3.73s, deep dish Bullitt rims, lowered, lots of other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
    Also while you are ordering all the stuff from the UK, why not grab a Mondel Trip/Fuel computer with the upgraded fuel pump sender and temp sensor? Beats the everliving crap out of the dash clock recontent
    Quote Originally Posted by icysvt View Post
    pretty sure he has one already
    You mean something like this... been there done that...

-Mike
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

yeah that's the next mod that mike is gonna do to my car

Quote Originally Posted by TRicker View Post
    yeah that's the next mod that mike is gonna do to my car
    Buy the trip computer and let me know... I'm pretty sure your more then capable of doing it though man. It's plug and play for the most part. Plus there is a nice how-to write up somewhere linked on the boards.
    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 232
FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast