• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Voodoo shift knob official GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is BS. If it's not sent in by Monday I will request a refund.

Reason: I didn't order a part to wait on it for a month. I paid (just as many others have) right away, and those who said they wanted to be in, and didn't have the minimum, little payment this requires, shouldn't have jumped in. It was bad enough that we had to wait til the 14th, but now another extension? I'm growing tired of this. And yes, I'm not in the best of moods, so don't take it personally, but if it isn't sent in Monday, I'm out.

Reason: I didn't order a part to wait on it for a month. I paid (just as many others have) right away, and those who said they wanted to be in, and didn't have the minimum, little payment this requires, shouldn't have jumped in. It was bad enough that we had to wait til the 14th, but now another extension? I'm growing tired of this. And yes, I'm not in the best of moods, so don't take it personally, but if it isn't sent in Monday, I'm out.
if you want a refund by all means pm me your pp address and ill refund it. this is a gb for product that isnt even manufactured for this car any longer. I emailed tom today and told him what I had and when it would be in. I also asked him if he had already started production on them and when we could be expecting these to be done. You cant expect this to go extremely fast now can you honestly:shrug:

Last edited:

I can understand your frustration on wanting something right away, but please don't give Trey a hard time. These things can take some time to be completed, and although you sent in payment right away, some people are busier (or lazier), but either way, may need a little nudging to get payment.

I know for a fact that Trey isn't making diddly-squat on these as I talk to Tom fairly often, and for all the work that he has put into this GB, a little patience and understanding is deserved.

Sorry to preach, it's just without people like Trey or Gary, these things would never find their way to our cars!

Thanks,
Chas.

I have been talking to tom all weekend and he already spoke to the machine shop and gave them the order on these yesterday. If you didnt send in payment im sorry but you are out of luck at this point in time. I told him he might want to consider keeping a limited number of these to have on his website but i dont know if he will take my advice or not. Thanks guys for the majority of you pulling thru for me on this. I'll continue to look for stuff to get done for these cars to keep our platform interesting and improving. He said the machine shop doing these wont have an open machine for atleast a week to start on these and production time can vary greatly. This is now out of my hands so to speak. I'll update as much as I can guys!

Sounds like Tom didn't believe Trey when he said he had 40 buyers with money in hand.

Trey, please let us know what you hear from Tom regarding production. Thanks!

if you want a refund by all means pm me your pp address and ill refund it. this is a gb for product that isnt even manufactured for this car any longer. I emailed tom today and told him what I had and when it would be in. I also asked him if he had already started production on them and when we could be expecting these to be done. You cant expect this to go extremely fast now can you honestly:shrug:

Sorry if you took my comment as an attack. What I was saying (so rudely) was I didn't want this to be something where the deadline kept getting pushed back because of a few people who said they were in, then beat around the bush week after week and finally back out. You know just as we all do, many people are quick to say " i want" but then either change their minds, or don't have the means to follow through.

Also, you unfortunatly got some attitude undeservingly (i cant spell) since I was upset about the engine wiring problem I've been trying to fix for weeks. I just so happened to read this was being extended a few days and I vented. I apologize for that.

People need to chill out. He'll post if/when he hears something.

I agree on this as he said on the last update this is not in his hands, it's not his fault that there not made yet.

He also stated that if you want a refund he would do it no prob, I mean yea I want my knob but I'm not going to jump on his back when he's going outta of his way to get a piece that is no longer even made for this car. Joining this buy I didn't expect to see these things in a week!

I too am dismayed at how long this GB is dragging on. I am leaking shift tower fluid everywhere. My car is simply unusable until I can replace my current cracked shift knob.

ya.... hopefully i get this b4 school starts
Because once school starts you won't have the 5 minutes it takes to swap out a shift knob? :rolleyes:

The Official SAMCO silicone hose group buy will be at 6 months this coming August 4, and some folks still don't have their product. I'm part of that GB buy as well.

This GB isn't even 6 weeks old yet, and some of you apparently have no concept of what it takes to get something manufactured. Do you think machine shops are just full of idle hundred-thousand-dollar CNC machines and skilled operators sitting 'round with their thumbs up their asses - just waiting for some barely profitable Contour shift knob business to drop into their laps?

Or perhaps their machines and personnel are very busy with some highly profitable work? So they should just put that work aside for a small run of shift knobs where the profit margin may not even cover up the machine setup costs?

Lighten up and give this thing some time to gel.

Gary M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back