• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Contour with Bra piccie request.

MScotts

CEG'er
As per the title, has anyone got a piccie of their SVT with one fitted? Looking to get one for the ST200 and could do with seeing one on so I can confirm relative compatability.

TIA :D

It's not the best picture but...

IMG_0433.jpg

Brilliant Christine, thank you... Looking at your piccie, that should fit the ST200 with little alteration :)

So, anyone know where in the USA can these be ordered for shipping to the UK???

Brilliant Christine, thank you... Looking at your piccie, that should fit the ST200 with little alteration :)

So, anyone know where in the USA can these be ordered for shipping to the UK???
I ordered one thru jegs or summit about a yr ago.

JMO, but bras are a bad idea on cars unless you live in a real dry climate or drive on gravel roads constantly.

My tour had a bra when I bought it. It was obvious the bra was retaining moisture when I looked closely at the front end . There were small bubbles forming under the paint. I took the POS bra off and the problem was solved.

JMO, but bras are a bad idea on cars unless you live in a real dry climate or drive on gravel roads constantly.

I'll second that. We get significant rain here and every car I've ever seen wearing one (constantly, the owners never take 'em off) has had water in the paint underneath.

My tour had a bra when I bought it. It was obvious the bra was retaining moisture when I looked closely at the front end . There were small bubbles forming under the paint. I took the POS bra off and the problem was solved.

I'll second that. We get significant rain here and every car I've ever seen wearing one (constantly, the owners never take 'em off) has had water in the paint underneath.

Most of those here that have a bra for their car use it only for road trips, not as a permenant fixture on their car. Once my front end is resprayed I'm planning on getting one just for that purpose, not a 24/7 part of the car.

^ Right.
This is not something that stays on my car, it's there for road trips and is then removed.

^^^

completely correct.

if taken care of they are not a problem. they are a problem when they are left on all the time.

obviously all my cars stay well waxed. the bra is only on when I take extended highway trips. And then if it starts to rain it comes off. My SVT has had one used on it since almost new and there haven't been any problems because of it.

Back