• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help me name my new project! (sneak peek)

The T-Red might get a girls name. But what I have envisioned for the black one is going to look mean. Unless you can think of a mean girls name..... :D

Elvira.

My girl suggested Leona Helmsley. :laugh:

Kim is pretty mean. ;)

I googled some "dark" female names
Some of the suggestions:

Raven
Morticia
Dementia
Cinder
Maleficent
Desdemona
Jezabel

OK...Picked the car up yesterday. It needs a lot more work than I had anticipated. The thing is LOW! I couldn't really see what springs it has, but it appears to have the stock SVT struts. I compared it to the T-Red with its BAT suspension. There is 4" of clearance from the bottom of the front bumper to the ground on the T-Red. The black one has about 2½" of clearance at the same point.

The cowl hood was poorly done. It's a fiberglass cowl that was molded to the hood. No effort was made to trim it to fit the curve of the hood, so the top part has broken away from the hood. But the effort gives me several ideas.

You can see the problems on the hood. In addition, the hole cut in the hood (making it functional) is pretty poorly done. I think I'll be ripping this one completely off, possibly trying to craft a metal one. If not, then I'll be hunting down a new fiberglass one and doing a better job molding it.

The car is missing both skirts. That really sucks. I think this was one of the most disappointing things to me. That, and the rear bumper. The previous owner to the guy I bought it from is the one that did all the work. After moving the battery to the trunk, the moron cut two holes in the rear bumper and mounted posts in them so the car could be jumped without having to open the trunk. Dumb ass!

The wheels aren't great. Not terrible, but not great either. Plus they're 16s. Meh. I'll be cleaning these up and selling them eventually. I'm thinking some gunmetal or hyper black 17s or 18s eventually.

I've seen some great names. Kim, after I asked for evil female names I almost posted yours! :laugh: But you beat me to it. After seeing some of the suggestions, these are the ones I liked best along with the possible plate spelling. Some of what I have here are synonyms of suggestions:

Spectre: SPCTER or possibly SPECTR (Still one of my favorites)
Wraith: RAITH (I don't care for the plate spelling)
Grim Reaper: GRM RPR
Reaper: REAPR (My other favorite)
Raven: RAVEN
Bane: BANE
Shade: SHADE (I think this one might be too subtle for Joe Schmo to get)
Plague: PLAGUE

Did I mention that I am still jealous? This one definitely gets filed away in the "if only" category for me. I am glad that it at least worked out for another CEGer since it didn't for me.
Honestly man, I was so disappointed by what I found. I expected more with the low mileage. If it hadn't been for the supercharger and one or two other small things, I probably would have backed out of the deal, 10 hour round-trip drive or not. I suppose the one good thing is that with such low miles, sqeaks and rattles SHOULD be at a minimum. Oh, and it's a 98.5, not a 98. No dash warp yet, but we'll see what happens. So the lack of skirts and the dash/model year were very nearly deal-breakers for me.

That said, this thing does have a ton of potential. But then again, most any Contour does if looked at through rose-colored glasses.

Spectre: SPCTER or possibly SPECTR (Still one of my favorites)
Wraith: RAITH (I don't care for the plate spelling)
Grim Reaper: GRM RPR
Reaper: REAPR (My other favorite)
Raven: RAVEN
Bane: BANE
Shade: SHADE (I think this one might be too subtle for Joe Schmo to get)
Plague: PLAGUE

great names!
That's a tough decision
Although SPCTER might make people think sphincter. (or maybe just perverted me)
I do like Spectre the most out of all of them.
Wraith is kick ass too, but too bad about the plate.

I think Plague: PLAGUE fits the bill perfect cause look at how many contours you and a few others have and look at how many contours many have owned...... It is a plague!

Back