• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Noble 3.0L Twin Turbo Build

dont listen to the pessimists kid. i've got high hopes for you n your build. in any case, i'd still prefer u spend all this money on building sumthn that would be the MOST beneficial thing to this site and its members. and that is how to put the bit of power that FI brings to the ground. Trust me, u'd be worshipped on here for generations to come. what is taking josh so long anyway?:)

Sorry yall been too busy with work and too lazy this weekend to post them. I dont have til Wednesday, so Ill post them then. Trying to figure out all the specs for that block so I can determine the ratio, what I came up with on compression with a stock 3.0 with 8.5 com pistons and the 2.5L heads was 8.6:1. As soon as I figure that out I will be ordering a short block or a long block. Hopefully find out this week.

I already brought this up, but why are you still set on using 2.5L heads on a 3.0L? Even with lower compression pistons, that head combo is not good for boost nor is going to make as much power as 3.0L heads. I think you may also run into problems with hot spots since you messed with the 'squish band' of the compression chamber. Why do you think this setup is better?

The final compression ratio doesn't seem right to me either. If 2.5L heads on 10:1 compression 3.0L, raise the compression ratio to 11.2:1, slapping 8.5:1 pistons would seem to raise it to ~9.52:1 with 2.5L heads. That's why its called 'ratio.' ;)

I think the thread title here is confusing still? or at least to me.

are you buying and installing a noble 3L engine and fabricating a TT setup?

or are you building a noble like TT 3L in your car?

the thread title make sme think you are buying a noble engine, but you are also talking about building one.

might as well just buy a noble enigne if you can afford it and be done with the engine and go forward with the rest of the project.

I think the thread title here is confusing still? or at least to me.

are you buying and installing a noble 3L engine and fabricating a TT setup?

or are you building a noble like TT 3L in your car?

the thread title make sme think you are buying a noble engine, but you are also talking about building one.

might as well just buy a noble enigne if you can afford it and be done with the engine and go forward with the rest of the project.

No its an actual Noble 3L w/ a fabed twin set-up. Yeah the ratio is confusing. Its mostlikely no right but Im trying to figure it out. But im going to have to sell those heads anyway. Ill post pics and everything soon.

I still don't understand? As stated a few times in this post why not use a noble complete motor? I'm sorry to keep repeating but we've asked with no answer?

I still don't understand? As stated a few times in this post why not use a noble complete motor? I'm sorry to keep repeating but we've asked with no answer?

3.0L heads on a 3.0L short block...just to name a few advantages

1) Are better for boost
2) Flow better than 2.5L heads (i.e...better spool)
3) Have an extra oil drain to help with oil starvation (big plus!)

3.0L heads on a 3.0L short block...just to name a few advantages

1) Are better for boost
2) Flow better than 2.5L heads (i.e...better spool)
3) Have an extra oil drain to help with oil starvation (big plus!)

I'm new to the 3L but not to boost, that's a big help for me then as that's what my 3L is, and I would like to see her boosted!

Isn't this what the noble motor is? A boosted 3L? The way he was thinking of going I don't see the ratio being right for a twin turbo motor.

If you can do this and make it work more power to you, if it were me I would just build a single turbo motor and be done with it. What are you going to use for a tranny?

Holy Crap, this thread has turned into the blind leading the blind . . . The only people offering any sound advice are being completely ignored . . .

Holy Crap, this thread has turned into the blind leading the blind . . . The only people offering any sound advice are being completely ignored . . .

Who the hell is being ignored? I have read and responded to just about all comments! Anyways, going to sell my 2.5L heads, and run Noble block and heads. Have to save up a little more, so it will be a month or two before I order the motor.

Will I have to run a 3L ECU? Or am I better of running a custom tuned ECU?

I'm guessing an mtx-75 :shrug:.

Well I would guess the same thing but I highly doubt he's running a junk yard trans or a used trans outta his car on a twin turbo build.

Let me rephrase the question what BUILT mtx are you going to run?

Is this better?

It doesnt matter. You will have to tune it anyways since neither the 3.0L or 2.5L OEM PCM's are made tuned for FI. Even if it was tuned for FI, you would still have to dial it in and retune it.

Might as well keep your 2.5L PCM.

Anyone have the picture of SVTProdigy's car with the engine and trans in the trunk after he didn't have a clue abour cars and the shop said screw you? :laugh: Let's hope this one doesn't end up the same.

It doesnt matter. You will have to tune it anyways since neither the 3.0L or 2.5L OEM PCM's are made tuned for FI. Even if it was tuned for FI, you would still have to dial it in and retune it.

Might as well keep your 2.5L PCM.

Anyone have the picture of SVTProdigy's car with the engine and trans in the trunk after he didn't have a clue abour cars and the shop said screw you? :laugh: Let's hope this one doesn't end up the same.

never heard of this guy prodigy u all speak of.

never heard of this guy prodigy u all speak of.

Basically, a board member here named SVTProdigy had big plans to do a 3.0L turbo and make like 500 whp. Some times I don't think he could pour water out of a boot with the instructions on the heel. Needless to say, he knew nothing about cars and how they worked, but he was going to buy all the parts neccessary...i mean, his gf was going to buy all the parts neccessary to get his project going. Of course, because he had zero knowledge about cars, we all had very little faith in his project. Well, he took it to a shop and they basically just got tired of it, loaded up all his parts in the trunk of his car and said p*ss off. That pretty much killed his project and we never heard from him again.

Myself and other old CEGer's have been here for 8 years or longer and every person that comes here claiming to have big plans and then scratches there head because they don't know how an engine works or how to work on their car has never started or finished their project. We notice trends like this and this project is heading down that path quickly. That's why we are all skeptical.

IMG_00301.jpg

Last edited:
Who the hell is being ignored? I have read and responded to just about all comments! Anyways, going to sell my 2.5L heads, and run Noble block and heads. Have to save up a little more, so it will be a month or two before I order the motor.

Did you do any searching, ANY searching at ALL?

SVTProdigy redux:rolleyes:

Like I said the other day!! Pics on Wednesday when I get off work, they will be posted about 5 today!! Now quit :mad::mad::mad::mad:ing asking!! Give me a break, some of yall may understand working 60 or 70 hour weeks some dont!!!

Back