• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Taurus intake hoses

OB1

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone running the newer Taurus intake (04-up) want to take a couple of pics of the hose routing and such for me. I'm trying to figure all of these vacuum hoses & such out & its a headache, My first time!

While that thread has some nice pics of the engine, I have yet to see a thread that shows what's involved with the vacuum lines.

Yeah we have stumbled through & most of it is hooked up then we ran into the PATS issue so the project is on hold for the moment.

I've got a few but nothing major. It looks like it has a coolant hookup 2 the throttle body. It also has the new EGr system so that got confusing

First off my Brother figured out most of this. Terry Haines sent me alot of pics & was a big help making sure we had it right! Thanks Terry. I'll post a couple of pics but 1 thing you should take note off is that when you buy an engine there is a vacuum hose cluster still on the intakes usually & you will be able to use it. I don't have all the pics of the 2 small hoses from the firewall but I'll get them when I finish Treys' car.

100_3029.jpg

100_3030.jpg

100_3031.jpg

100_3032.jpg

100_3039.jpg

Last edited:
We did have to cut the egr tube twice & just used compression fittings. The PCV system is in the valve cover So I think we just ran it into the intake & capped the extra holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSVT
Combine the VC vent lines into a single bottom feed.
DO NOT combined these lines or excessive oil loss will occur!

Wait what?

The jist of what I was trying to say is that you can combine the 2 valve cover vent hoses into a single feed to the intake tube. If you feed it up from the bottom it means less oil vapor will enter the intake. Also do not combine anything with the PCV hose. This will cause the PCV to stay open at times it should not be open.

The 2 vacuum lines running from the firewall, I Tee'd them & hooked the remaining line to the 2 lines.

100_3191.jpg

Back