• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just got tuned!

contourspd98

Veteran CEG'er
Well, i got my SVT into the local shop today and had a chip put in her. Tuned with sct on a mustang dyno. The tuner spent right around 2hrs to get it right. The final product... A huge smile on my face. :D

Mods:
-Portmatched 3L w/3L cams
-MSDS Headers and Y-pipe
-Optimized TB

On to the #s.

Hp- 223@ 6300 RPMs

Tq- 214@ 4400 RPMs

100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0463.jpg

From the Right the colums are:
-Tq
-MAF V
-AFR
-RPM's

100_0468.jpg

From the Left, the columns are:
-RPM's
-Vehicle Speed
-HP
100_0469.jpg

Last edited:
Those are really good numbers, especially for a Mustang Dyno. I wonder what all of the "Full 3.0 is the only thing that matters" guys will have to say about this.

Those are really good numbers, especially for a Mustang Dyno. I wonder what all of the "Full 3.0 is the only thing that matters" guys will have to say about this.

Yeah, it could be interesting... :)

NICE!! I need to get mine tuned now! I'm running full 3L with 3L cams, gutted exhaust manifolds, sho shop y pipe.

You should be puttin' out some good numbers too.

I did have one pull that yielded 228hp/212tq, but the tune wasnt right.

And on a side note, my tuner had tweaked the IMRC settings a little too... I didnt know if joey does that or not with his tunes...

But mine is set up to be fully open during WOT and a little over half throttle at 3000rpm's. Than for cruising down the highway, they wont open until 3800rpm's at 1/4 throttle. So, i'll be able to run 80 with no effects on MPG's. :D:D:D:D:D

:drool:

Fantastic numbers.

Edit: do you have secondaries?

You fail!!

And on a side note, my tuner had tweaked the IMRC settings a little too... I didnt know if joey does that or not with his tunes...

But mine is set up to be fully open during WOT and a little over half throttle at 3000rpm's. Than for cruising down the highway, they wont open until 3800rpm's at 1/4 throttle. So, i'll be able to run 80 with no effects on MPG's. :D:D:D:D:D

Nice numbers is what I have to say....that and I wonder what he would have put down with an intake manifold that flowed a lot better. :eek:

Nice numbers is what I have to say....that and I wonder what he would have put down with an intake manifold that flowed a lot better. :eek:

Well, why don't you quit drinking Pud's koolaid and go get your car tuned so we'll know?

How many times do I have to post this? :shrug:

Intake manifold cfm flow
SVT = 182 cfm
Max EH - 198 cfms
Taurus 01 - 210 cfms
Taurus o4 = 223 cfms
st220 = 236 or 238 cfms

He put down some GREAT number though. I applaud him for that. I just pray I get anywhere near that. I am just a little surprised that his peak hp was that high into the RPM range.

And I will get it tuned when I save up the money again for it.....Have I ever mentioned I hate spec? LOL

How many times do I have to post this? :shrug:

Intake manifold cfm flow
SVT = 182 cfm
Max EH - 198 cfms
Taurus 01 - 210 cfms
Taurus o4 = 223 cfms
st220 = 236 or 238 cfms

He put down some GREAT number though. I applaud him for that. I just pray I get anywhere near that. I am just a little surprised that his peak hp was that high into the RPM range.

And I will get it tuned when I save up the money again for it.....Have I ever mentioned I hate spec? LOL

How many times do you post my cfm flow numbers table.

Elraido ----Your car got a slight tune to run properly. It's not running completely off the stock PCM.

How many times do you post my cfm flow numbers table.

Elraido ----Your car got a slight tune to run properly. It's not running completely off the stock PCM.

I know that. It should have the peak hp number that it is going to have right now. I won't know what it is until I get it tuned 100% correct for this set up....I have to drive over 60 miles one way to get a dyno. Might as well get a tune out of it, but for that I need to go 250 miles one way.

And I will stop posting the cfm's when people stop saying that the SVT intake is better flowing than the 3.0L intakes.

Back