• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT to ST-24 front fascia

SVT to ST-24 front fascia

• Would be a first.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • May cost too much, but worth it.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Nothing Special about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ugly.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Why bother?

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CruzCorp

CEG'er
Hello Everyone, I came across a picture on e-bay a while back and have been looking into fitting my SVT with this nose. Anybody have any suggestions or have gotten parts direct from Europe? From my understanding all I really need is the bumper, but I am looking for every piece on this pic, the headlamps, grille, bumper, fog lights and ring for the intake. I think my SF SVT could use a bit of a new look.

Attachments

• fREDST.jpg
    fREDST.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of SSVTnp.jpg
    Copy of SSVTnp.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 0
Well...if there was a choice of, "it may cost too much, but still not worth it." thats what I would have picked.

I personally just think people want to swap this because its different, but I think the svt front fascia looks better. It won't be a simple bolt on. About the cheapest way to do it is to mold the two fascias together and thats assuming it works with the shorter nose of the mondeo. I think you'll run into problems this way personally.

I still dont know if it would work with the hood, fenders, grill, headlights, bumper, etc. Everything is just slightly different. Even if you did swap everything from the fenders up, the fenders aren't going to match the the body line that runs from the rear bumper to the front bumper like the contour.

Not worth it imho. SVT looks better.

From what I am learning about the mondeo is the grille, headlights and that stuff are the same with slight variances from it being a rightside drive. The bumper it self is different and shorter because of the crash regulations here in the states. I am more than likely going to have to "cut and paste" the bumpers, but if the shorter nose fits, I would use it as is.

I am not fond of the aftermarket bodykits and I bought my SVT with 152k on it. Just want to change its appearance along with some other, 1-of-a-kind features that I am in the process of doing.

The Projector fogs I like, and how they sit. The design of the bumper its self, similar to wings west but definitely not at all. Just the overall look of the red one is clean and I figure it can't hurt.
Besides maybe I can get my hands on the ST24 6-speed.....

The grille and headlights are not the same at all. The Mondeo has bigger grille and headlights.I don't think any body parts from a mondeo will fit on a contour without a lot of custom work

are you sure the headlights and grille isnt' the same? I mean looking at them, they look identical. And it would have foolish for ford to spend that much money to make all brand new parts when they brought the "contour" over here and started making it. Making just 1 grille and 1 design of headlights would save them alot of cash.

They are the same, only major difference is that the steering wheel is on the other side and a hatch, rather than a trunk.

From what I have been told (my source MEG), since the driver sits on the opposite side it effects the alignment on the headlights, although they still look different from the tour. I was also told that the grille is the same or to go badgeless. How the bumper is attached may be similar to the tour too, but I doubt it and have yet to come across any solid info to really know for sure.

Hahahaha...you're both fools.....
They are not the same, it's been tried here in the States....

Last edited:
I can gaurantee you nothing is the same. Yes, they look identical, but are not the same. Qwk98svt had a set of Mondeo morettes put on his car and had to do a lot of custom body work just to fill in the gaps because of the fitment.

I know its going to be a costly idea to pursue but I think it will be a slight tweak in looks that is beyond stock, but not too many will be crazy enough to have and thats were I come in.

You wouldnt happen to have pics or even know how he got mondeo parts here?

You know with 152K on the clock, maybe you should consider the motor and transmission being replace. Or rebuilding the suspension, bushings, tie rods, strut mounts, and all. Then roll your fenders, throw on a set of 17's-18's and you'll have a car far from "stock" look. (Cause last time I check the SVT looks just like a GL) Theres a few thousand dollars worth in mods right there, you know instead of spending $$$ on a front bumper for a SVT with high mileage.

Thats just my 2 cents.

I know its going to be a costly idea to pursue but I think it will be a slight tweak in looks that is beyond stock, but not too many will be crazy enough to have and thats were I come in.

You wouldnt happen to have pics or even know how he got mondeo parts here?

So what parts do you plan on swapping to make this work/look right?

You know with 152K on the clock, maybe you should consider the motor and transmission being replace. Or rebuilding the suspension, bushings, tie rods, strut mounts, and all. Then roll your fenders, throw on a set of 17's-18's and you'll have a car far from "stock" look. (Cause last time I check the SVT looks just like a GL) Theres a few thousand dollars worth in mods right there, you know instead of spending $$$ on a front bumper for a SVT with high mileage.

Thats just my 2 cents.

Hey, I know my tour is tired, sheesh. Lol. I have already begun the re-building process. The engine is strong and tranny is strong. Going to need a clutch kit probably by next year but everything on my car works and works extremely well. If it didn't I wouldn't waste time or money on it. May I also note, I am not a Ford guy... (I sound like a hippocrit)

So what parts do you plan on swapping to make this work/look right?

Well, all I can do for now is study pics of SVTs and STs. If everything is so incredibly different and I am a fool for it as I have already been called, then I would only need the bumper along with a new SVT bumper and just change the bottom part of it, cut and bondo or however the body shop would do it, and I got a place waiting to do it. The headlights look aftermarket or like the chrome was gutted, still looking into that as well as the LEDs. ST grilles are different from Tours' simply because of the material used, its like a polished aluminum or metal, very clean, it is used in both the bottom lip and grille as the SVT uses that black plastic. And the last pieces would be the projector foglamps and the "trumpet" as its called (MEG) or the intake ring behind the front fascia. Thats all I want and should be very possible to do, the impossible it seems is for me to get the damn parts from europe

Well, all I can do for now is study pics of SVTs and STs. If everything is so incredibly different and I am a fool for it as I have already been called, then I would only need the bumper along with a new SVT bumper and just change the bottom part of it, cut and bondo or however the body shop would do it, and I got a place waiting to do it. The headlights look aftermarket or like the chrome was gutted, still looking into that as well as the LEDs. ST grilles are different from Tours' simply because of the material used, its like a polished aluminum or metal, very clean, it is used in both the bottom lip and grille as the SVT uses that black plastic. And the last pieces would be the projector foglamps and the "trumpet" as its called (MEG) or the intake ring behind the front fascia. Thats all I want and should be very possible to do, the impossible it seems is for me to get the damn parts from europe

It certainly would be possible to mold the two together, but I'm not really sure there is really any good way to go about it. Obviously, if you were to mold the two together, you would cut right about right in the middle of each bumper. I've molded an SVT fascia with my SE fascia and this seems to be the easiest. By doing this, you won't be able to retain the Contour bumper reinforcement since the Mondeo reinforcement appears to be shorter judging by the fascia, which by the way is mandatory. Without any reinforcement behind the fascia, I gaurantee the first time you get on the highway, the fascia will vibrate so badly, the molded seam will crack.

Also the Mondeo fascia is missing an important bodyline of the Contour, so its going to look really goofy and won't look natural or OEM which is highly key imho. This is why the ebay kits looks awful. I mean, besides the fact that they look ugly to begin with, they lose all of the Contour bodylines, so its obvious its to everyone that aftermarket, which is not a sign of a clean, well done car.

bodylinecomparison.jpg

Maybe the bodyshop can see something I don't. Anything could be done with enough money, but I don't see any well done way to incorporate the bodylines from the SVT fascia into the Mondeo fascia without some crazy mold seam and retain the OEM bumper reinforcement. I'm not trying to talk you out of it. I think it would be cool if it was done (even though I think the SVT fascia looks better to begin with), I just think its more trouble than its worth. That being said, I'm sure if we all lived over in Europe, I guarantee people would be trying to mold SVT fascia's to their Mondeo, just because it's different. Different is always better though.

Sorry for the long rant...

Well, the mold seam is pretty much my biggest concern but I am sure if its done the right way, the PIA way like most things are to work on this thing, lol.
I do imagine it being a PIA to do in general but those are the things that can pay off the most, there is the chance of it not paying off but won't know until its done. I even noticed the rear bumper has the same similar look as the tour but different, but I stopped myself and said I need :help:.
I hope I can atleast get the bumper before gas hits $6.

I hope I can atleast get the bumper before gas hits $6.

Forget about the gas, I would be more worried about shipping prices!

I also collect comic books and one of the guys from the comic forums lives in France and wanted to get a few comics shipped from the US. UPS quoted him $220. :help: I can't even begin to imagine how much a fascia that size would be. UPS won't even ship fascias within the US because of their size. You might have to do it FedEx freight. For a 60x24x24 package (probably will have to have a wooden crate built around it) that weighs 40 lbs, FedEx gave me an online quote of $757.56 from United Kingdom to my zip code of 40222.

I have heard some of the scary stories involved with shipping over the atlantic. I live in NY which I hope is a help lol. I also am hoping when the time comes I may be able to go to one of the dealers I worked at and see if they can work something out. Businesses usually are able to pull tricks off for the right person.

Back