• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking to identify a return/returnless fuel system

Monkay619

CEG'er
I know that the information is out there, I swear that I have stumbled across it before, but i was not interested in how to at that point.

I cannot find anything in my searches, could sombody please either give me a link? or let me know here how to recognise it?

FYI, I "need" to know this since i have been informed that the O2 sensor socket (that i have yet to get) is dependent on weather it is a return/returnless system. Thanks!

return system as 2 fuel lines going under the TB and UIM while a returnless only has 1

Thanks for the fast reply :eek:

now, just to make sure, TB=Throttle Body and UIM=Upper intake manifold? (google thinks it is Un-Insured Motorist, but i swear I'm with progressive I'll ask them how many fuel lines they have:shrug:?)

Thanks for the fast reply :eek:

now, just to make sure, TB=Throttle Body and UIM=Upper intake manifold? (google thinks it is Un-Insured Motorist, but i swear I'm with progressive I'll ask them how many fuel lines they have:shrug:?)
correct, TB is Throttle Body and UIM is Upper Intake Manifold.

Sweet, thanks again!
thumbUpSmiley.png

Edit: thanks to whomever moved this, I noticed later that it was in the wrong section :eek: (sorry!)

Back