• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Post Pics of LED Underbody Lights

2000myst

Veteran CEG'er
Hey Guys,

I would like to see what pics you guys have of your cas with underglow. Contiques only b/c I would like to see what it looks like on our cars. If someone has blue underglow that would be even better.

Thanks Guys,
Dan

I personally believe that when done right, IE no visable tubes, hanging wires, etc they look good. then again i'm a little biased...
quagmire.gif
bling.gif

DSCF0389.jpg

DSCF0338.jpg

DSCF0390.jpg

DSCF0393.jpg

DSCF0388.jpg

DSCF0384.jpg

DSCF0378.jpg

DSCF0376.jpg

You beat me by a few minutes :nonono: Alex, but since your's looked so good, I'll only post one picture. Mine would be OK for awhile and then one of the tubes would crap out. The warrenty covered several of them and I covered a couple more. It seemed the one on the driver's side went out more than the others. I liked them alot for awhile but they eventually turned into a PIA. This was over about 3 years and 2 cars, both daily drivers, not a few months, but I'd never do it again. Dan, spend your money on something else. BTW, the headlight LED's are now white.

page6pic3.jpg

Hey tom what Foglights are those?

PIAA 910s

Im sorry but underbody lights? I hate them, MY car had them when i bought it and I ripped them up and threw it in the garbage. No car of mine is ever going to have underbody neons or whatever they are called. IMO underbody lights = rice :shrug: But then again I have a different taste, I try to make my car look as classy as possible..

IMO constant-on neons are really good looking as long as they are installed correctly. I dont like the stobing/pulsing neons, those to me are too ricey.

I know that some people don't like it, but I like it and thats what matters.

I do like the input. Don't worry, I have good taste in looks and things like that, just ask people that have seen my car. It might not be what people like, but everything flows and it has style.

I already have the LEDs, they were a gift, and I will be installing them sometime shortly. If I dont like how they come out I will take them off and sell them.

I believe they can make a car stand out and look great if done properly, if not it'll ruin the car.

Still looking for blue though.

Thanks Guys

Here are some pics from a year ago... Pacific Glow million color kit from an earlier CEG group buy...

I would advise against them if you're going to drive the car an a regular basis. This is my daily driver. I installed the lights May 2005 and by November they were already not working right. Moisture got in a couple of tubes and rust started to form on the boards the leds are on causing a short. My display inside would be all lit up like the lights were on even though they were off. Also, not all the sets of LEDs would come on in the tubes. Replaced the driver's side and rear tubes at no cost to me in February of this year, and by May the same problems arose again. Now the drivers side one doesn't even turn on at all.

They looked good when they worked... just wish they still did. Also, I had the side ones pointed across to the far side of the car instead of straight down. This seemed to give more of a "glow" under the car instead of several points of light on the ground since the car was so low.

166133_47_full.jpg

166133_48_full.jpg

166133_49_full.jpg

166133_50_full.jpg

166133_51_full.jpg

166133_52_full.jpg

166133_53_full.jpg

Last edited:
Back