• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help!!!!! Quick Please

hova15

CEG'er
So i just finished replacing the clutch got it all back together yesterday started bleeding the clutch did it 3 or 4 times did NOT get all the air out got lazy and went to bed. Woke up today to a spill of clutch fluid on the floor and a empty resivor. The TOB was replaced during the clutch swap with a OEM one. It didnt seem to leak during the bleeding just this morning when i woke up there was a spill of clutch fluid. now you can fill the resivor and it will empty through the bottom of the tranny housing

Looks like it's coming back out then. Somehow it failed. This doesn't have anything to do with your issue but what did you use to seal the TOB before tightening down the 3 7mm bolts?

uhh....nothing...what should i use to seal it? it didnt say anything in the damn book about a sealent

LMAO! What else did you miss then? How is the trans. fluid going to keep from pouring into the bellhousing. Did you use a Ford manual? Like one of the CD's I sell?

.... It didnt seem to leak during the bleeding just this morning when i woke up there was a spill of clutch fluid. now you can fill the resivor and it will empty through the bottom of the tranny housing

Can you look through the rubber cover and see where it's leaking? Is the bleed pipe loose in the slave? Use a crow foot and check the tightness.

To Todras, Does the Ford CD mention anything about applying any sealant to the slave before mounting onto the bellhousing? My service manual for my 96 makes no mention of a sealant. I didn't install any on my slave and knock on wood have no leaks coming up on two years now. My original slave has an O ring that did the sealing, I'm assuming the replacement Fords unit had one?

Back