• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MIdnight blue interior paint found

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
sold by sem's paints its the closest match u can find almost exact comes in spray or gallon pint and quart containers. ford no longer makes it and you cant find it

codes are as follows for gloss midnight blue its 15433 and for non gloss shadow blue its 15043 both colors are very close to production color one is as stated gloss and the other is flat

Well Gloss Midnight Blue with obviously look retarded if everything else in the interior is dull.

Shadow Blue may work good though, but without seeing it tested, I don't want to risk it.

I guess my search for Ford paint continues. :mad:

Go to any auto paint supply store that sales PPG paint and you will find that they can mix the exact same paint as many were buying from ford. This paint is specific to interiors. I will get the paint code for any one that needs it. In most cases it is exact, but you can take them a piece and they can tint it to make it perfect. All of this can be usually be done and put into a spray can for around $20

ford no longer makes it and you cant find it

B.S. :nonono:

I just bought two cans of it last week.

Ford's part number is M4JZ-19M547-1073H, Alchemy Interior.

It's the exact color match of midnight blue and I just gave TRicker my third can that I had left over from doing my triple gauge pod a-pillar, which was half full.

ok i went to the ford dealer in my area and so help me god out of the parts counter mans mouth came "looks like ford stopped making midnight blue paint in october, we cant find any go down to such and such a place they can custom mix a batch for you"

so i fixed what i had said plus th S.E.M paint was close but wasnt exact so custom mixing is the way to go in my opion or you can search and search till you find ford

yes and ppg can also make it for you i stated you cannot find in becuase i also posted this in my home forum

If you really want it do the following. Also if you don't believe I've attached the receipt below :D

Call the Tousley Ford Parts Dept. (located in White Bear Lake, MN) at 1-800-328-9552 ask for Steve or Mike M. and mention you saw this on SVTPerformance.com for a kick ass discount.

You can also email them at FORDSVTPARTS@HOTMAIL.COM

again the correct part number for the midnight blue interior paint is:

M4JZ-19M547-1073H, which is the P/N for a 13oz Alchemy Interior spray lacquer.

As promised the receipt (modified as to not show my full name or my Account No. ;) )

alchemypaintrw8.png

Last edited:
Just curious who did you talk to?

Not sure, I asked for Steve, and the guy that answered said he wasn't there. So then I said I wanted to find out if a part was in stock or can be ordered. I gave him the part number, and he said it's not in stock and they can't order it. I mentioned how I spoke to someone that just ordered it from them and he said, "well, we can't order it."

Back