• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intrest Check: Mods meet before Spring Zing? (MN people centric)

Icefury

Veteran CEG'er
Just wanted to see who all would be interested in getting together for a mods meet? I would imagine most everyone has something they would like to get done on their tour now with warmer weather finally here. Not to mwntion last minute mods that need done before Spring Zing.

Always easier to get these things done with help, usually faster, always more enjoyable with company and a few brews! As for a date, Saturday May 10th comes to mind (only weekend I'll be free before SZ) but I'm open to suggestions. Any volunteers for hosting?

Here's what I'd like to get done:

* Install new pedal overlay set

* Install replacement Pudmunkie Foglight HID wiring harness (I can hear Mike sighing from here :p)

* Hookup Subwoofer AMP & 1.0 Cap (cables already run)

* Shifter cable adjustment (Tricker, this motha has you name all over it!)

* Fix annoying heat shield rattle

* Rewire Autometer gauges to light switch (mechanical stuff is done)

Uhh, i get nervous working on other people's cars b/c of F'ing up on something. But I guess i could help with whatever is needed help on, always interested in learning how to do something on a car.

I need to fix my motor movement wowes - hard to get into 2nd gear at WOT unless the tires are spinning. Thinking of some creative uses with a ratchetstrap or two... Maybe I should just order up a PRT rear roll resistor...

I'm definitely down for it, but can't host.

1. I live at my parent's and they wouldn't want that many cars over here...
2. We live in Lakeville and most of ya'll live up above the cities...so the drive wouldn't be in your benefit.

I would like to:

Relocate my battery, install my cold air extension, align my exhaust (might try this tomorrow tho,) diagnose an interior rattle and redo my PCV bypass like Mike's.

Let's get a date set kinda quick here so we can all try and get it off and such.

I can host,
but im 50 + miles from most of you. I have limited tools but enough to get by. And my air compressor aint workin. I do need help finishing the mystique. subframe is almost ready to come down so I can drop the atx and replace the flexplate/ring gear.

Anyways, If you guys need a space I can clear out the garage.

Last edited:
i live in an apartment now. i vote CSVT49 hosts. haha

I don't have a problem hosting...

I'm kind of in the middle of all of you so it should work out OK. I have pretty much all the tools you'll ever need. I just ask that they end up back in the spot you got them from.

I might do some powder coating that weekend too assuming I can get my hands on a spare set of valve covers. So if any of you are interested in powder coating stuff... this would be the time. You would need to purchase your own powder though. I also would ask that you provide a little donation to help pay the electric bill for running an oven all day too :laugh:

Let me know what you guys think. I believe the majority of you have been to my place at some point so you should have an idea of what I have to offer. However some upgrades I have done recently include the addition of a blast cabinet and the powder coating oven.

Saturday, May 10th at Mike's.

Mike, what time would you want to get this thing started? The earlier the better for me, quite a bit to knock out in one afternoon.

Quick question, can you powdercoat objects that take say 500 degrees of heat?

Saturday, May 10th at Mike's.

Mike, what time would you want to get this thing started? The earlier the better for me, quite a bit to knock out in one afternoon.

Quick question, can you powdercoat objects that take say 500 degrees of heat?

You would just need high temp powder is my understanding.

Tony is right. There is special powder for high temp parts. As long as you get the right powder it will work.

I'm thinking people could probably start showing up at 10am.

So....

When: Saturday, May 10th at 10AM
Where: My house in Coon Rapids, MN (PM for exact address)
Why: To help everyone install any parts, modifications to their car before Spring Zing
How: Using all of the tools I have in my garage: 60gal air compressor, complete set of air tools (including power sprayer for washing), full mechanic tool set, many automotive speciality tools (PM for specifics if needed), blast cabinet, powder coating kit, engine hoist, creeper, roller seat and a 3 1/2 ton jack with four solid jack stands... I think I got everything.

Last edited:
Back