• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko measurement from the ground to the splitter

Here are the two speed bumps on the way out, I go over them at the lowest point I can see. I should be in good shape. My side skirts have actually touched in the past.

CIMG1159.jpg

CIMG1160.jpg

BTW the scuff on the bumper was my dads handy work:blackeye:

Another reason why I am getting the mirko. An excuse to get the bumper repainted.

I would say don't do it actually.... all the mirkos I have seen mounted actually are about 1/2" below the lowest point by the wheelwell. You would be scraping more often than you think. It would look nice, but :eek: you might not be happy that you are scraping up your $300 mirko. A bumper repaint is cheap and you might be really happy with that :shrug:

there's no way you'd make that. consider that the front lip of the mirko sticks out. the front lip would catch on that bump before your tires ever make it onto it.:blackeye:

I would say don't do it actually.... all the mirkos I have seen mounted actually are about 1/2" below the lowest point by the wheelwell. You would be scraping more often than you think. It would look nice, but :eek: you might not be happy that you are scraping up your $300 mirko. A bumper repaint is cheap and you might be really happy with that :shrug:
i <3 my skidplate :laugh:

B&Gs on Konis FTW :D:D

I agree. :drool: :drool:

Perfect ride height and very stiff but still comfortable to drive. I wish I still had that setup.

I'm running Koni springs and BAT struts right now. It's the same height as my B+G setup but if feels like the Koni springs are much stiffer.

maybe ksports are more what you want. and really not that much more in the end. plus you can raise your car a bit for days you want to use the mirko,and lower,or slam it when the urge hits you:shrug:

maybe ksports are more what you want. and really not that much more in the end. plus you can raise your car a bit for days you want to use the mirko,and lower,or slam it when the urge hits you:shrug:
The ksports are really stiff though. i have them on my zetec and the gravel driveway is murder.

I had (and still have) B+G sports with stock struts... I've killed two Mirkos already regretfully but, I would be willing to say I was sitting just a tad lower than a soda can.

B&Gs on Konis FTW :D:D

I agree. :drool: :drool:

Perfect ride height and very stiff but still comfortable to drive. I wish I still had that setup.

I'm running Koni springs and BAT struts right now. It's the same height as my B+G setup but if feels like the Koni springs are much stiffer.

Here here!

I love this setup.

Although I am getting a very annoying clunking coming from my rear driver side when I corner or turn. Gotta get that checked out.

I have BAT springs with a Mirko. As stated you'll have to take inclines and speed humps at a 45 degree angle. I rarely scrape. Mostly with the under part on odd dips in the road. Yuo find them and remember them. The thing you scrape on a Mirko is the under side because it bows down. It actually sits about 1.5 inches below the front lip. I've hit tons of things and the Mirko holds up very well. Just have to bondo the edges every Spring. Car looks so much better I think it's worth it. Just have to know how to drive.

Back