• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko measurement from the ground to the splitter

FauxhawkFox

Hard-core CEG'er
Can someone get a measurement for me?

I have some pretty serious speed bumps coming into the gated community I live in. I still have the stock SVT suspension and I was wondering what the measurement is from the ground to the splitter. Just to find out the clearance. If you have a different suspension set-up just post the set up and how much it was supposed to be lowered so I can kind of gauge it. But stock SVT suspension is preferable. Thanks!

Theres no accurate measurement for the Mirko to the ground. Depends on the wheels, tires, suspension, age of suspension, etc.

Me:
DSC04553.JPG

BrApple:
DSC04554.JPG

I think Ill just use a soda can as a measurement piece. I just dont want to buy the splitter and find out I cant get inside or leave the community without taking off the splitter, that would get old really quick. Ill take a picture.

I think Ill just use a soda can as a measurement piece. I just dont want to buy the splitter and find out I cant get inside or leave the community without taking off the splitter, that would get old really quick. Ill take a picture.

For the most part I can't drive around with my Mirko. At least not without being extremely careful. I detach it for most drives and throw it on when I want to just do a little cruising and show off the car.

For the most part I can't drive around with my Mirko. At least not without being extremely careful. I detach it for most drives and throw it on when I want to just do a little cruising and show off the car.

I know they leave some serious paint marks on the bumper so I wanted to see if I could leave it on for the most part. I work in outside sales so I drive the car everyday around the city. I wouldnt want it on during work but I could just see myself forgetting it was on and coming into the neighborhood and then...:blackeye:

I know they leave some serious paint marks on the bumper so I wanted to see if I could leave it on for the most part. I work in outside sales so I drive the car everyday around the city. I wouldnt want it on during work but I could just see myself forgetting it was on and coming into the neighborhood and then...:blackeye:

thats why you get some of that self adhearing window seal foam from home depot, lowes etc and line the inside of the mirko with it. it helps keep it tight to the bumper and helps to prevent marking up the paint.

thats why you get some of that self adhearing window seal foam from home depot, lowes etc and line the inside of the mirko with it. it helps keep it tight to the bumper and helps to prevent marking up the paint.

I wonder why people dont do that more often, thats a great idea. I wonder why I havent read that much about it either. Thanks BrApple. If you have any pics that would be cool.

im sure this has been posted, but theres soooooo many threads about mirkos. but how much lower is the mirko than the stock bumper?

The mirko looks flat to me. Just imagine the bottom most part of your front bumper(the back corners) + the thickness of the mirko (~1/8"?) and thats how low your car will be.

The mirko looks flat to me. Just imagine the bottom most part of your front bumper(the back corners) + the thickness of the mirko (~1/8"?) and thats how low your car will be.

good point. the mirko is just about even with the back of the front bumper by the wheel ....

Perfect. So I guess if I make the bumper by The mirko wont have a problem. Thanks for making it easy!

well I am not sure about that. rememeber the leading edge of the bumper is higher then the corners at the wheel. but for the most part if you take everything at a 45 degree angle you will be fine ...

I used to work for nissan and we had lowered wide body Z's. I acquired the 45 degree habit quickly. That wont be a problem. Ill give the bumper a 1/2inch cushion for measuring. Ill be leaving in a few minutes and ill take pics of the bumps. There have been many complaints. There is a Ferrari 355 that drives on the grass to go around, so I know there is a way around.

I have stock suspension and can take some pretty big speed bumps with my mirko on. I find that in general the bottom of mine just touches the top of a standard parking bollard (those little concrete blocks at the back of the parking space), but I usually pull up just short to be safe.

I have stock suspension and can take some pretty big speed bumps with my mirko on. I find that in general the bottom of mine just touches the top of a standard parking bollard (those little concrete blocks at the back of the parking space), but I usually pull up just short to be safe.
I've developed a habit of staying a least a foot away. lowered + mirko = :shocked:

Back