• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

325WHP on a stock Zetec.

Wow those are really good numbers. Makes you think what he could have really done if he modified the engine.
:cool:
oh yeah, 3-400 on upgraded internals is not uncommon in the Focus world. they can also hit 12's, something that seems impossible for the Duratec Contour. lol.

Makes you want to try again doesn't it? :crazy:
yes and no. while i do really miss the turbo Zetec, i also want to move onto a different platform. as fun as the Contour is, its also very limited as to what can be done. I do still have plans for another turbo Zetec, just not in anything that you can go purchase anywhere.

Last time I checked the Zetec hasn't done any better in a Contour :p
last time i checked thats because im the only one who has really put enough money into one to make it possible, and even then i never had a chance to run it at a track and see what it could do (my fault as i should have chosen different pistons). Thats because most everyone on here is all "Zetec sucks, Duratec rules". seeing as the Focus guys are making just as much power from the Zetec as the Turbo 3L guys, and they are hitting 12s, the Duratec fan boys have no room to talk. :p:p:p:p:p

last time i checked thats because im the only one who has really put enough money into one to make it possible, and even then i never had a chance to run it at a track and see what it could do (my fault as i should have chosen different pistons). Thats because most everyone on here is all "Zetec sucks, Duratec rules". seeing as the Focus guys are making just as much power from the Zetec as the Turbo 3L guys, and they are hitting 12s, the Duratec fan boys have no room to talk. :p:p:p:p:p

But what about the 3.0L turbo Nobel guys? :laugh:

That engine is not gonna last lol. I give it 2 months before it goes. caput. Making over 220 whp on a stock zetec is like making a timebomb.

Can you imagine the torque-steer on that b*tch at about 3700RPM? :help:

Wow... really?? Didn't realize that b*tch was censored. :rolleyes:

As purpose-built drag cars.

Only because there isn't a purpose-built drag Contour. :cool:

This comment is so untrue there are oogles of 400+ whp Zetecs many of which are daily drivers; boost controller + multiple tunes...The highest HP Zetec is 735 whp. The highest dyno I have seen of a 3.0 Duratec is what a hair over 400?

This comment is so untrue there are oogles of 400+ whp Zetecs many of which are daily drivers
I was talking about the mentioned 12-second E.T.'s, NOT power numbers. Anybody with enough money can boost and/or spray to XXXhp on a dyno.

That engine is not gonna last lol. I give it 2 months before it goes. caput. Making over 220 whp on a stock zetec is like making a timebomb.
He stated he wasnt going to run it like that on the street, he just wanted to see if he could break the record for most power on a stock Zetec, which he did.

As purpose-built drag cars.

Only because there isn't a purpose-built drag Contour. :cool:
as 2000ZxT stated, there are plenty of daily driven, street Foci that run 12s.

This comment is so untrue there are oogles of 400+ whp Zetecs many of which are daily drivers; boost controller + multiple tunes...The highest HP Zetec is 735 whp. The highest dyno I have seen of a 3.0 Duratec is what a hair over 400?

the 700HP dyno from Tom has never been proven to be a Focus. it doesnt even have a torque curve, or RPM. its just a dyno of 700WHP over time. not to mention, the only time slip he posted of it is more indicative of a 400HP car. he also claims the only reason he hit the 700WHP is because he wanted to prove to himself that it could be done. yeah right, who wouldnt want to prove that he hit 700WHP in a Focus.

I know there is much doubt about the hp but I personally believe him I have seen his car come a long way and considering people hit 450 with just pistons/rods/arp with all the supporting mods he has I don't see why he couldn't hit that on the dyno. Yeah, his car is not setup to handle that I am sure I wouldn't think a 700 car focus would be much faster than a 400-500 hp focus if you hadn't done lots of chassis work. I am also not suprised he doesn't post up much information as he is flamed all most no matter WHAT he says even when he is trying to be nice and legitimately help people. Hopefully more information will arise in time to prove it true or false.

I know there is much doubt about the hp but I personally believe him I have seen his car come a long way and considering people hit 450 with just pistons/rods/arp with all the supporting mods he has I don't see why he couldn't hit that on the dyno. Yeah, his car is not setup to handle that I am sure I wouldn't think a 700 car focus would be much faster than a 400-500 hp focus if you hadn't done lots of chassis work. I am also not suprised he doesn't post up much information as he is flamed all most no matter WHAT he says even when he is trying to be nice and legitimately help people. Hopefully more information will arise in time to prove it true or false.
its not just his ET that screams of a 4-500HP car but his MPH as well. if it were a 700WHP focus that just spun the tires off the line but still ran the same ET, then his MPH would be insanely high, but its not.

as 2000ZxT stated, there are plenty of daily driven, street Foci that run 12s.
Actually, he stated there were plenty of Foci @ 400+hp, which is entirely different than saying that there are plenty of DD Foci running 12's. If he would have said what you said he said, I would not have had to clarify MY post. Just to be clear. :laugh:

But now that we're all on the same page, are there any vids of all these street-tired, street-suspension ZETEC Foci running 12's? That's one hell of an accomplishment in a front-drive platform... and with THAT engine. Surely there are some on YouTube? Linky?

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not bashing. My heart is in four-bangers. Back in the day, when I first started going to the strip with my GSR, there were only about four regulars with 4 cylinder cars. 90% of the rest were V8's. A few weeks in, a guy showed up with a first or second-gen Sentra with an SR20DET swap. As he lined up next to an old Chevelle that shook your chest, the V8 guys were pointing & laughing at the "rice burner". So I yelled to one of my friends... "Watch this rice burner spank the sh*t out of that Chevelle". I got more than a few dirty looks and laughs... until the sentra beat it by over half a second. Ahhh... still brings a tear to my eye. Good times fellas... good times.

Back