• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

blower motor NOT the resistor pack

bflood

New CEG'er
I have a 1999 Ford Contour SE 2.5L V-6.

My fan will only run on high. I have already replaced the resistor pack and the fan spead selector switch. I have also check the wiring, none of the connectors appear burned and there appears to be continuity beween the fan speed selector switch and resistor pack. I also checked the fuses and can't find any bad ones. One thing is wierd, my wiring diagram appears to show the resistor pack in the positive side of the fan wiring with the fan speed selector switch but, my resistors appear to be on the ground wire side of the fan. Wierd.

Can anyone help? I can not figure this out, the only thing I can imagine is some sort of ground fault or something. But My wiring diagram looks totally wrong. Does anyone have a diagram they know is correct for the fan? Please help!

I have a 1999 Ford Contour SE 2.5L V-6.

My fan will only run on high. I have already replaced the resistor pack and the fan spead selector switch. I have also check the wiring, none of the connectors appear burned and there appears to be continuity beween the fan speed selector switch and resistor pack. I also checked the fuses and can't find any bad ones. One thing is wierd, my wiring diagram appears to show the resistor pack in the positive side of the fan wiring with the fan speed selector switch but, my resistors appear to be on the ground wire side of the fan. Wierd.

Can anyone help? I can not figure this out, the only thing I can imagine is some sort of ground fault or something. But My wiring diagram looks totally wrong. Does anyone have a diagram they know is correct for the fan? Please help!
You have a bad resistor pack or someone rewired the it wrongly.

Back