• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fuel Rail Q Returnless.

Nezerconezer

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey all, I'm having my 3L installed by a mechanic in my 2000 SVT. Hes having an issue with the fuel rail. On my 04 Taurus FULL 3l build what fuel rail does he use? He says the one from the Taurus wont work. Basically the fuel rail doesn't connect right to the rail. I thought the Taurus rail worked. And if it does work how does it go together? Thanks all!

Hey all, I'm having my 3L installed by a mechanic in my 2000 SVT. Hes having an issue with the fuel rail. On my 04 Taurus FULL 3l build what fuel rail does he use? He says the one from the Taurus wont work. Basically the fuel rail doesn't connect right to the rail. I thought the Taurus rail worked. And if it does work how does it go together? Thanks all!

Even on the Return less rails you need an adapter..... Joey from nautilus assured me that this one would work... one of the reasons I'm doing another ported 3L

The Taurus rail wont work without custom fabrication..... most commonly an escape fuel rail is used with a NPG fuel rail adapter..
here is the link to the company.... Good Luck

http://www.nautilusperformance.com/id77.html

Even on the Return less rails you need an adapter..... Joey from nautilus assured me that this one would work... one of the reasons I'm doing another ported 3L

The Taurus rail wont work without custom fabrication..... most commonly an escape fuel rail is used with a NPG fuel rail adapter..
here is the link to the company.... Good Luck

http://www.nautilusperformance.com/id77.html

I have the taurus adapter too for full 3 liter swaps same price just have to state it in the info. Joey

I could only find the return->returnless adapter. There are returnless->returnless adapters? And even the Escape fuel rail needs one, or just the Taurus?

i modified an 05 taurus fuel rail to work on my car, doubled with joey's fuel rail mod.

my car is a return-style and the rail is returnless. the best part about the rail is its the biggest one of the 3L engines, and it doesn't have the ugly sensor that you don't need hanging in there.

Back