• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

how to replace fuel line

montrese04

Veteran CEG'er
This how-to might be useless for the majority but it's possible that someone might make a rookie mistake like i did.:shrug:

I made this how to because i ripped a fuel line during a 3l swap.

Do you haft to take the engine out? I'm not %100 sure. maybe someone else can say yay or nay to that.

Things you need if engine is already out of car

• flat head
  • 13mm open end wrench
  • 20 minutes of spare time

So this is what your starting with
MVC-054S.jpg

1st step: Take the brake fluid electrical connector off
MVC-054S-1.jpg

2nd step: and then take the two nipples off that go into the right side. With a 13mm open end wrench
MVC-042S-1.jpg

3rd step: on the firewall there are two clips that hold the fuel lines in place. Unclip those.
MVC-043S-1.jpg

Also make sure that when unclipping the one on the right that you pay attention to putting the ground wire back where it was at.
MVC-044S-1.jpg

4th step: jack the car on the passenger side. be carful that if aligning your jack up with the b-pillar that you dont put it too far under the car because you might pinch the other fuel lines.

5th step: there are 4 clips holding the fuel line up. Three are black and one is light blue. The light blue is near the firewall up under the car. Now just take a flat head and unscrew the bolt. then take the flat head and pry the clip down. (you shouldnt haft to do this with the light blue clip)
MVC-047S.jpg

6th step: disconnect the fuel line from the fuel filter

7th step: this next pic is taken from under the brake booster where the fuel lines sit behind. unsnap the fuel line from it's holder and then pull down. Now you got it from there. and i's time to install your new fuel line.
MVC-053S.jpg

Back