• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

5 speed swap?

M

mrlee5353

hey guys i just acquired a 2000 contour sport, but its an auto. ive seen a few sports 5 speed but theyre few and far in between. just wondering what id need for a 5 speed swap. obviously id need the tranny, flywheel, slave, clutch master, lines, pedal, brake pedal, you get the jist, but are there any little pieces that wouldnt be obvious? im fairly appt to nissan 240sx's and ive done a auto to manual on those, but im new to fwd and contours.

sell the car and buy one with a 5 speed already in it.

Not worth the time and money it would cost you, unless you get a whole donor car with a 5 speed in it for peanuts, and you have all of the time in the world.

you need a whole parts car with a 5-spd for the parts that you will need to swap. it can be done but it would be easier to just buy one with a 5spd.

sell the car and buy one with a 5 speed already in it.

Not worth the time and money it would cost you, unless you get a whole donor car with a 5 speed in it for peanuts, and you have all of the time in the world.

There's these new things called junkyards...where you can get parts for your car for pretty cheap! It blew my mind when I found out about them too! :crazy::shocked:

As for all the time in the world, I'd imagine someone that has a good idea of what they're doing can knock it out in a weekend.

To the OP, if you want to do it, the only one that can stop you is going to be you.

it can definantly be done in a weekend. my buddy was gonna replace the tranny in his 95 auto, and we had the trans out in about 3.5 hours.

Back