• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seat Heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only issue I see is having a lot of wire harness under the seat.

I'm sure with time you will remember that up is high and down is low or however you mount it.

I thought about putting there at first I think but didn't like it personally.
Thanks, it was just the first place I thought of when I was thinking about it. I'll mock it up in a few spots and see what looks/works best.
Hopefully nobody else has the fuse issue.
-J

"This is what happens when you remove the 7.5 amp or 10 amp inline fuse and connect to a higher amperage fused or unfused power source. Please use the same amperage fuse that comes with the kit as this was fined tuned by our engineers. The seat heaters use only 4.7 amps therefore it is not necessary to use anything higher."

What was their response when you told them it was being run with the 10A inline fuse?

What was their response when you told them it was being run with the 10A inline fuse?

They haven't responded back, I sent in the RMA form and mailed the part, and haven't heard anything. I'm assuming they're mailing me a new part already.

well, let us know how it all plays out.

On a good note, I tested my seat heaters yesterday on my test drive of the car. Both set on low, worked great!! We love them. I'm sure I'll love it even more on those bitter cold days, not many of those left though I hope. They didn't take long to heat up either.

I got my new control module today in the mail (Priority). Hooked it back up, everything is running great, nice warm seat again, forgot how much I missed it.

I think I know how the first one failed... when the wires got caught in the seat track, and tore the insulation, I think the power and the ground shorted out, and destroyed the power supply (which is the control module). So everyone may want to consider adding an inline fuse just before the power supply box, because with one there, this wouldn't have happened. The only fused part of the whole system is at the initial power tap.

I got my new control module today in the mail (Priority). Hooked it back up, everything is running great, nice warm seat again, forgot how much I missed it.

I think I know how the first one failed... when the wires got caught in the seat track, and tore the insulation, I think the power and the ground shorted out, and destroyed the power supply (which is the control module). So everyone may want to consider adding an inline fuse just before the power supply box, because with one there, this wouldn't have happened. The only fused part of the whole system is at the initial power tap.

ah...good to know! Too bad I'm a big sissy and won't install these until it's warm out.

ah...good to know! Too bad I'm a big sissy and won't install these until it's warm out.

Doesn't that negate the purpose of seat heaters lol? These friggin leather seats don't need any help heating up in the summer, they get plenty hot on their own.

ah, that makes sense.

I probably wont install a fuse closer to the module because I feel I don't have much of a chance in getting my wires caught and messed up in anything. But it's good to know none the less.

I have used my seat heaters a couple times now and they are wonderful. My girl and I went out Saturday and I decided since it was nice I would take the car out for it's second test drive. Well by the end of the day when we got done with dinner it was a bit cold and we only had sweat shirts on so we flipped the seats to high for the drive home (~6min) and by the time we got home I was roasting! These really heat up. Probably wont use high again until next winter when the seats are really cold, but I will probably continue to use low for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back