• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How makes internals?

DocStruthers

Veteran CEG'er
For the 3L
I can not find any?

Sure some companies ex:wiseco
will make a custom piston for me if I submit dimensions.

but $$$$$$$

I am looking for everything. . .
Crank, rods, pistons, wrist pins, mains and seals, etc.

I know you all have input. . .

:laugh:

Ya Stock Engine will handle about 400HP!

Wanting to add internals like pistons and such! They are pretty inexpensive!

www.Nautilusperformance.com you can get pistons and rods. Also by reading the faqs in force induction/3L sub forums you can get a lot of info on these already previously spoken about subjects!!

- amyn

I did browse the forced induction area for people with a list of mods to their 3L's and didn't see many with aftermarket internals.

I would be happy with around 300whp N/A but that is probably not realistic without forced induction is it?

MAYBE with 14:1 compression...:nonono:

I did browse the forced induction area for people with a list of mods to their 3L's and didn't see many with aftermarket internals.

I would be happy with around 300whp N/A but that is probably not realistic without forced induction is it?

MAYBE with 14:1 compression...:nonono:

People on average with a few exhaust mods and intake can put down 220whp. That is with a stock 3L engine with all stock components.

I can see a 260-270whp car if the heads are machined + compression..heads ported increased valves...maybe cobra valves installed etc etc. Heads is what really makes a car breath and build power. Maybe then a ST220 uim ported:shrug:

I would love to see someone with a 3.0L really port the heads and put in larger valves....then run it on a dyno to see some good numbers.

someone hit a 238whp on a 3.0L here on the boards. So it's possible.:shrug:

People on average with a few exhaust mods and intake can put down 220whp. That is with a stock 3L engine with all stock components.

I can see a 260-270whp car if the heads are machined + compression..heads ported increased valves...maybe cobra valves installed etc etc. Heads is what really makes a car breath and build power. Maybe then a ST220 uim ported:shrug:

I would love to see someone with a 3.0L really port the heads and put in larger valves....then run it on a dyno to see some good numbers.

someone hit a 238whp on a 3.0L here on the boards. So it's possible.:shrug:

hmmmm

well sadly where i live machine work is expensive.
I would spend a small fortune on machining. Small fortune meaning
a turbo kit.
hmmm We will see what I can get a 3.0 for.

For the 3L
I can not find any?

Sure some companies ex:wiseco
will make a custom piston for me if I submit dimensions.

but $$$$$$$

I am looking for everything. . .
Crank, rods, pistons, wrist pins, mains and seals, etc.

I know you all have input. . .

:laugh:

Check the FI FAQs. List of both aftermarket pistons and rods for both 2.5L and 3.0L duratecs. I personally ran Pauter rods and Ross Racing pistons in my 3.0L.

Back