• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stealthy state troopers, beware!

Enfields a nice town but kinda boring. really nothing to do. It has a movie theater and half a mall haha!!! What else is there to say right? :laugh:

but you forget everyone says that the town they live in is boring, we just haven't explored the town enough to know what happens that I might like to do ...

I was heading up to the Boston area last weekend and I came up on an unmarked cruiser on 90. It was a dark color, I saw the lights on the deck, the mounts for the light bar and the extra antennas on the trunk. Nervous, I slowed down and didn't want to pass. Traffic was building up because the cruiser wasn't even going 65. I edged a little closer I saw it had NH plates and the wife and kids inside. I said a few choice words to myself and quickly sped up and buzzed past.

On my way to my mother in-laws house last night i had a dude in an suv hanging out in my drivers side blind spot.
he was in the passing lane and going below 60 because i was trying to get him to pass me since his headlights were aimed poorly and blinding me.

gotta contact parked car and get some "Not a Cop" stickers!
if i was a cop i would have definitely pulled him over for traveling in the passing lane and being a dink.

an suv hanging out in my drivers side his headlights were aimed poorly and blinding me.

I can't stand that. It never used to bother me since in either of the trucks I used to drive the mirrors were all above any headlight patterns so I was never blinded.

Now the V-dub with mirrors much lower it seems like every vehicle's headlights shine at the mirrors and right into my eyes. So I adjust the mirrors so that the lights from other cars shine all around my face but not into my eyes. I need to move my head a little to see behind me but at least I'm not blinded.

Just stop driving at night.

btw CT troopers have been out alot lately. I've seen at least 7-8 cars already today.

I always see cops from a distance and have time to slow down luckily but I hate the people in front of me who sees a cop that pulled someone over on the other side of the highway or on our side and have to slow down or come to a stop, I mean seriously they don't have to do that. As long as the cop is out of the car and talking to the pull over car, that's the time to go by decently fast haha. :crazy: :shocked: :laugh:

If lights shine in my rearview mirror from the car behind me and blind me I try to point the mirror so the brightness hits the car behind me who is shining the lights. That should teach them to blind someone :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I always see cops from a distance and have time to slow down luckily but I hate the people in front of me who sees a cop that pulled someone over on the other side of the highway or on our side and have to slow down or come to a stop, I mean seriously they don't have to do that. As long as the cop is out of the car and talking to the pull over car, that's the time to go by decently fast haha. :crazy: :shocked: :laugh:

If lights shine in my rearview mirror from the car behind me and blind me I try to point the mirror so the brightness hits the car behind me who is shining the lights. That should teach them to blind someone :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Its time for a ricer flyby of the police officer......As for the blinding, i just tinted my rear window=no problem. Maybe its just hondas?:laugh:

could you get in trouble for not pulling over with the excuse that you thought it was just a civilian with a tricked out car trying to mess with you?:shrug:

could you get in trouble for not pulling over with the excuse that you thought it was just a civilian with a tricked out car trying to mess with you?:shrug:
IIRC You have to call 911 while being followed, and report it. The dispatcher will tell you if it is a legitimate car.

i say forget calling 911 or driving to the police station.
give him the finger and proceed to shower him with hot lead!

bang bang bang
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I saw a civilian cop that had someone pulled over today :shocked:! He was driving a gray/blue ish Taurus and was wearing jeans and a leather jacket! :eek: Not to mention that over the past two days, I've seen over 15 state cops on the highways!

It's the holidays .. increased patrols are to be expected.

I saw a dark tinted Mercury Sable (last generation) with three cell phone antennas on 93S yesterday, no idea if it was a cop or not.

OMG, I thought that was it, I thought I was going to get pulled over for the first time today :help:

I was driving southbound on RT111 a few miles after it splits off RT125... I was following one of those Ford Econoline school buses, and he was doing 5 below the speed limit in a 45MPH zone... The road then becomes very straight and barren, and the speed limit goes up to 50MPH... I did not feel like following the bus so right as the speed limit increases there is a passing zone... I figured it was now or never so I went for it, there was a car coming in the other direction but it was too far away to cause any concern... As I was passing the van going 60MPH, I looked closer at the car and was like, hmm, that looks like an Interceptor... I get past the bus and back into my own lane and let off the gas, sure enough a State Trooper goes driving past me... I could not believe he did not wip his car around and come after me...

To sum all of that up -
doh.gif

I meant to mention this one.

Cliffs notes: unmarked Silver Crown Vic in eastern MA.

Memorial Day weekend, I was heading to Worcester in the Subaru. Saturday afternoon, tons of idiots on the road, like every summer weekend. (If you don't know how to drive on a highway, then don't do it when you travel!)

I'm on 495-S in the left lane, following a bunch of cars at speeds varying between 55 and 80mph. :mad: :mad: I see a silver Crown Victoria with MA passenger plates (##x x##) and no window tint on an onramp. He casually makes his way to the left lane behind me. Traffic slows down, speeds up, slows down, speeds up, and of course the space between cars moves like an accordian. There were points I was blatantly tailgating the minivan in front of me as traffic slowed and I used engine braking. When traffic lets up, the minivan and I accelerate to 80+mph, then traffic slows, etc.

The Crown Vic is behind me this entire time doing the same thing ... tailgate, let up, tailgate, let up, just as I am doing with the car in front of me. This goes on for 8 or so miles. When traffic slows again to <60mph again, I'm tailgating the minivan, he's tailgating me. All of a sudden he turns on the siren and blue bubble on his dashboard.

I swear my heart stopped. It definitely skipped a few beats. I probably also cut off a car as I quickly moved into the middle lane.

The minivan moves to the middle lane, and a few cars before that, and the Crown Vic takes off. Maybe he was responding to a call, or maybe he was just sick of speeding up and slowing down.

Back