• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my 3L pics.

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
i havent posted up 3L pics since the swap and i had a couple guys ask if i had any, so here ya go.

l_d69cbdd280a5388514f908137e3ddfc2.jpg

l_96c58ed72aa8059881d561887718074a.jpg

specs:

2003 Taurus 3.0L long block

SVT cams
SVT lower and upper intake
SVT throttle body (optimized)
homemade intake pipe (aluminum)
pro flow 75MM maf
K&N filter
Weapon R Headers (stainless)
Weapon R Y pipe (stainless)
3 bolt flex pipe (factory ford)
2.5" test pipe (trubendz aluminized)
2.5" trubendz catback aluminized (one magnaflow, no resonators)
AEM wideband/UEGO guage
MSD dis-4 ignition system
ford racing 9MM plug wires
Optimia red top battery
Spec stage3 clutch
energy suspension roll resistor inserts
B&M short throw shifter
focus ST shift knob

Focus SVT wheels
Eibach springs on new SVT struts

TONS of new parts,

shift cables, sway bar end links(front and rear), e brake cables, bushings everywhere, ball joints, tie rods, etc.

pre 98 center console done right :)

anyways, i tried to get a pic in my crammed garage of my wheel gap for you all with my eibach's.

l_dbd5465f3721fb01f5429f9929ff8993.jpg

and my winter beater, and the beater's summer shoes.

l_0b4053c0aad479d0db861dd4dcde7748.jpg

m_fe417f9993590487180b514e531e61f6.jpg

thats' about it!

looks good. thats the first time ive seen an imrc cover cut that much, why not just remove it?

Bah, I was only looking at it from the right side angle. Yeah, I agree with bagged though...why not just take it off completely?

Yeah, that cover is hacked to sh*t. Theres no point in it being there anymore.

I would of cut a small square and installed some mesh.

looks good. thats the first time ive seen an imrc cover cut that much, why not just remove it?

What he's got left is enough to hold up the vac line off the waterpump belt. I considered doing the same thing, but opted to use a metal hook to keep it up.

nice. so, will you be providing the fireworks show again this year at SZ?

this thing might be N/A all year. if i'm more than that, plan to see big #'s and fireworks. i'm bringing a trailer to SZ this year if i do more than the N/A stuff.

thanks. cleaning up the engine bay really helps. i saved a ton of room when i deleted the AC and took out all the lines. and yeah, everyone has their own opinions about the valve covers. i was going to polish them but i just didnt have time, i needed the car on the road again so i painted them.

redlineracer12, i might take one off your hands if that's cool.... im seriously considering a gutted LIM. i'd still want the beauty cover though, i don't much like the look without the cover.

Back