• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Electrical Diagnostic Connector

Johncc

New CEG'er
Is there some sort of master diagnostic connector, or "break-out" connector? If so, where is it?

I am trying to diagnose an O2 sensor problem, and some tech info refers to "connector test pins" 60, 93, 71, 91, and 97. Is this somehow just referring to the O2 sensor connector itself? If so, is there an easy way to get voltage readings from those pins while the engine is running (without stripping and splicing wires?). I don't have a real-time obdii scanner.

Thanks!
John

The conector from the main engine harness where it connects to the computer near/behind the Power steering tank, is where you hook up the "Break-out box" for diagnosis.

What year and engine are you working on?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Aut...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:1|39:1|240:1318

Sorry, I have both a 1996 mystique and 1996 contour, both zetec 2.0.

Oh, so you can't just probe the pins with a voltmeter, you have to have a $300 breakout box? :(

Thanks,
John

Box just makes it easier. The pin niumbers you wrote down, some of them seem to be for the V-6 O2 pin #s. The 4 cyl. shows pins 60 and 93 for the front O2 and 95 and 35 for the rear. These are the #s that are at the main 104 pin harness. You can probe from connector C100, the large square multi pin connector over by the drivers side strut tower, C181 and connector #158 . My source is from the factory Electrical and Vacuum manual for a 96.

Back