• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

00 csvt values

opntrk86

New CEG'er
I have a '00 toreador red, tan svt #1315 that has been my DD for almost 8 years now. I am considering putting it up for sale in the spring so I can pay my truck off.
I an the second owner, bought it in 08/01 with 6600 miles on it and it's bone stock except for a K&N and immaculate (9/10) inside and out with all documentation and maintenance records.

The only downside is it has 129K on it know, but has no problems, anybody have any ideas what this is worth????:shrug:

This is how I would clasify its condition and the prices I would be willing to pay:

Excellent condition: Near showroom condition and has no problems. I think you could get $4K-$4500. I paid $5K for mine with 101K miles that was mint. Now has 134K and looks basically the same as it did when I bought it. See my thread here: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=12127&highlight=showroom

Good condition: Typical wear and tear, swirl marks in the paint but no dents or scratches, carpet and floormats show wear but are not stained, leather seats show wrinkles but are not soiled, minor dash warp acceptable, and engine, trans, and suspension are in perfect working order I think you could get about $3200-4000.

Average condition: Body has dents and scratches, paint has major swirl and possibly small portions of rust, carpet is very dirty, leather seats are deeply soiled, major dash warp, suspension clunks, CEL light on, minor engine issues such as erratic idle, etc, minor trans issues such as a minor 3rd gear grind that only grinds when shifting quickly you're probably looking at $2000-$3200

Poor condition: Body is the same or worse (rust) than average condition. One or multiple Major engine, transmission, or suspension issues. Either runs or runs poorly. $500-$2000. I put a big range here only because something very major like a spun bearing in a overall very good car could possibly bring $2000.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys, I would say mine is every bit as nice as beyondloaded's aside from the mileage. I will post it here before I try to sell it locally, this will probably be in the sometime in march (after I give it it's annual post winter full detail).

I just paid $4500 for mine 2 weeks ago. 87,000 original miles, 21,000 miles on a new longblock with all paperwork. New tires, immaculate MNB interior(minus the dash warp) mint silver exterior, new headlights, BAT Y pipe, Trubendz Borla catback, Injen intake and Spec shifter. 0 issues, everything works in the car like new. I think I got a screaming good deal on it, probably good thing that stuff like rebuilt engines and mods scare away most buyers who don't know anything about anything mechanical.

I'd say if yours is stock in good shape and 129k miles you could expect around $3,000 probably. I wouldn't pay anymore than that personally.

...good thing that stuff like rebuilt engines and mods scare away most buyers who don't know anything about anything mechanical.

It's not the mods that scare some away it is the drivers of modded cars that scares them away. Your car definitely has some nice improvements. Do you think it was the lightfooted or highway cruising driver that would have went to this expense or somebody that pushed their car a little harder? Question why did the block need swapped at 66,000 miles, probably not for performance improvement only. How far behind are the clutch and transmission? Not always the case but something to think about.

High mileage, well maintained, bone stock car from an original owner can sometimes be the best choice for starting platform.

This is how I would clasify its condition and the prices I would be willing to pay:

Excellent condition: Near showroom condition and has no problems. I think you could get $4K-$4500. I paid $5K for mine with 101K miles that was mint. Now has 134K and looks basically the same as it did when I bought it. See my thread here: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=12127&highlight=showroom

Good condition: Typical wear and tear, swirl marks in the paint but no dents or scratches, carpet and floormats show wear but are not stained, leather seats show wrinkles but are not soiled, minor dash warp acceptable, and engine, trans, and suspension are in perfect working order I think you could get about $3200-4000.

Average condition: Body has dents and scratches, paint has major swirl and possibly small portions of rust, carpet is very dirty, leather seats are deeply soiled, major dash warp, suspension clunks, CEL light on, minor engine issues such as erratic idle, etc, minor trans issues such as a minor 3rd gear grind that only grinds when shifting quickly you're probably looking at $2000-$3200

Poor condition: Body is the same or worse (rust) than average condition. One or multiple Major engine, transmission, or suspension issues. Either runs or runs poorly. $500-$2000. I put a big range here only because something very major like a spun bearing in a overall very good car could possibly bring $2000.

wow, i got ripped off on mine...
80k miles, riced out, dirty carpet, exhaust leak, dents and dings, broken windhshield, all blown out speakers
paid $5000 :nonono:

wow, i got ripped off on mine...
80k miles, riced out, dirty carpet, exhaust leak, dents and dings, broken windhshield, all blown out speakers
paid $5000 :nonono:

Uh, yeah you did. Although any sort of research by you would have kept it from happening...

It's not the mods that scare some away it is the drivers of modded cars that scares them away. Your car definitely has some nice improvements. Do you think it was the lightfooted or highway cruising driver that would have went to this expense or somebody that pushed their car a little harder? Question why did the block need swapped at 66,000 miles, probably not for performance improvement only. How far behind are the clutch and transmission? Not always the case but something to think about.

High mileage, well maintained, bone stock car from an original owner can sometimes be the best choice for starting platform.

The previous owner was a maintenance nazi and got the car with 1k on the rebuilt engine himself. Probably not lightfooted but the motor runs great, the trans shifts smoothly and the clutch grabs fine. Clutch was done with the engine. Engine probably had to get done due to the oil starvation problem common to these cars. I'm not sure really, all I know is I have a very low mileage engine and the owner who had it for practically all of its life had it maintained religiously. Trans is likely original but whatever, if it goes its just an excuse to drop a 3.0L and a rod shifted trans into the car. As it is right now it is just fine and if you saw the car you'd agree it is worth what I paid for it. Once I put in the new dash it'll look just about brand new.

Back