• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Guess what I picked up

dukeofsho

Veteran CEG'er
The good:Just picked her up at a local JY. The carfax report on the vin stated that it was from a 04 Sable with 4k miles on it before the car was hit in the rear. Picked it up for $600

Picture0143.jpg

The bad: As I was pulling out my buddies Focus in the snow...I hit the garage wall and ripped the drivers side mirror off. I guess I got excited :(

I'm planning to do step by step write up on the swap.

Hope its ready for Spring Zing!!

Lemme know if you need any help. I've got a couple of these under my belt now. No reason not to have it going by SZ.

Nice work finding a motor with that low mileage! I found mine locally with only 5k on it. I was amazed when I found mine. I guess there are still a few really low mileage motors around. It will be nice when you do the step by step build how-to. Right now, the information is pretty much all on this site or NECO or FCO, but it's scattered everywhere. You really have to search for it sometimes. Good luck with the build. :cool:

Are you going to buy an '01+ Cougar mount or remove a head?

Havent gotten that far. I just pushed the SVT in the garage today. Since I'm doing a write up I'm going to use as many "bolt ons" as possible. I am swapping my svt cams though.

My garage is about 65 degrees its play time!

Havent gotten that far. I just pushed the SVT in the garage today. Since I'm doing a write up I'm going to use as many "bolt ons" as possible. I am swapping my svt cams though.

My garage is about 65 degrees its play time!

Hope you are going to use new chains, guides and tensioners. The guides do get weak and plastic has failed on parts swapped over from high mileage engines. Let me know your final bill when this is done. ;) Also do you own a sawzall and 3" grinding wheel? If not add that to the list.

Hope you are going to use new chains, guides and tensioners. The guides do get weak and plastic has failed on parts swapped over from high mileage engines. Let me know your final bill when this is done. ;) Also do you own a sawzall and 3" grinding wheel? If not add that to the list.

Yeah, I have more then enough tools...I build custom cars duh. LOL. Its not the cost, its the time. I just didnt have the time or the means to pick up your motor at this time. This one has less miles, plus I'll be the one doing the work not someone else.
XOXO

The buqzuki plates and 3.8 final drive were delivered today.:)

I've removed the hood and most of the top end took plenty of pics. I will start the bottom tonight.

Yeah, I have more then enough tools...I build custom cars duh. LOL. Its not the cost, its the time. I just didnt have the time or the means to pick up your motor at this time. This one has less miles, plus I'll be the one doing the work not someone else.
XOXO
Are you sending Todd kisses and hugs?:help:

Back