• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno sheet for my Taurus SHO

yamahaSHO

New CEG'er
Howdy guys, it's been awhile since I posted here. One of the lasts posts I remember making was when I was building my motor... Well, I got some numbers for it, but the tune needs work....

On Saturday couple of my buddies and I took our cars to the dyno. My
buddy Terry and I brought our SHO's and Pat brought his Dinan 750iL.

I had a good time despite it being a little cold. I find that my bypass/BOV was opening after 7,000 RPM on my first run. I disconnected the blower side of the valve and it stayed shut. I was hitting about 16 or so PSI now and the tune I had was tuned with the pop-off function of the valve working, so I now started losing fuel at about 7,500 RPM. I'm pretty sure that I could gain another 20-30whp after I work on the tune some more.

Terry put down 390whp w/ a slipping belt and stock motor, Pat's BMW suprised quite a few. He put down 425whp and 520wtq.

Here are some videos of two different runs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5xxfb5ximyd

http://www.mediafire.com/?7rxfzidov9n

Anyway, here are my graphs. My best whp was 438whp and best torque was 336wtq. I was hoping for 450whp, but I still think this is well within my reach (running 91 octane):

IMG_7310.jpg

Losing fuel up top (and below 4k RPM). I added a little fuel, but didn't want to mess with the car too much on the dyno. I would much rather tune the car on the street. The green graph was without water injection... It was about to really take off from the other two graphs before the car had a slight hiccup and the operator let off. It appears that my 2nd stage nozzle is too large, so it's losing a bit more power with water/meth that it should (before adding more timing).
IMG_7311.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

Here are some pictures from the day (I'll see if I can host some videos later):

Here are the grocery getters!
IMG_7296.jpg

Pat, can you pick up some milk for me? :)
IMG_7299.jpg

I am going to swap the Lightning 80mm MAF for a Lightning 90mm MAF, bump up the fuel pressure and tune again... Better numbers should be had soon!

Nice #'s.

What turbo are you running?

Also they still look really clean for being old.

Haha.... No turbo.

But I am running a Vortech T-trim supercharger. :)

2674893_2_full.jpg

Although the numbers aren't bad, I suspect the next dyno will be over 450whp on 91 octane/street tune. The graph is shaky in spots that cordinate with leaner than desired AFR's.

I wouldnt run that car without adding ALOT of fuel above 3500 Rpms.
Get that back down to 12.0 AFR!!! Your Motor is currently ticking like a clock....

Nice setup, is that custom? The kit I put together for the Contour/Cougar has similar head unit placement. The T-trim seems to be a bit overkill for that engine. That pulley looks damn close to that intake manifold you must have zero clearance.

31987d1200692443-interest-supercharger-setup-dsc03039.jpg

I wouldnt run that car without adding ALOT of fuel above 3500 Rpms.
Get that back down to 12.0 AFR!!! Your Motor is currently ticking like a clock....

I'm shooting for 12.5:1 and I don't hit real boost until 4k or so. I know what I am doing... The reason (stated above) that it is going lean up top is because I found the the BOV was venting at 15 PSI. Once I opened that, I was getting more boost and the car was not tuned for it. In addition, I do have 2 stages of water injection (water/meth), so they motor isn't going to blow up ;-)

Nice setup, is that custom? The kit I put together for the Contour/Cougar has similar head unit placement. The T-trim seems to be a bit overkill for that engine. That pulley looks damn close to that intake manifold you must have zero clearance.

31987d1200692443-interest-supercharger-setup-dsc03039.jpg

YEs, the pulley bolt has no clearance with the timing belt cover. I had to place my idler pulley differently than most with this SC bracket to get the most belt wrap.

what's the specs on the bimmer?

You'll have to do a seach, but it's a Dinan 750iL - twin-turbo 5L v12. I think it's rated at 660ft-lbs of torque.

Here is a video of my buddy racing him in his M3. Chris and I are in the M3 (I'm filming). http://media.putfile.com/750iL-vs-M3-round-2

Why would you rather tune on the street than a dyno?

Mark

That's because I drive it on the street and not on the dyno ;-)

I can data log and watch what the computer is doing. I have time and can drive around making changes with ease. I can get a tune almost perfect without visiting the dyno.

How do the SHO's do in the 1/4? How about yours w/ those numbers?

I'm not sure, but they're not 1/4 mile cars... Heck, with this kind of power, they really stretch out in the 1/2 to full mile. In the 1/4 mile, I suspect mid 13's at with high trap speeds at my altitude (5,800 ft above sea level).

this dude is a big dawg on shoforum.com. sweet setup man. very nice engine bay!

HA! I'm not even a "big dawg" in my own home :) I'm not trying to be one, but I got bored with the stock power at such a high altitude and it's just too much fun once you've experienced boost :)

whatever dude! i was on shoforum for 3 days and i knew who you were. i just recently recognized you here. your car is sick. it makes me want to boost my sho (every bolt on is done except headers) but i really dont want to take any funds away from the CSVT. i have some plans for her ;)

Back