• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'll be in Phoenix Jan 27-30th...

Thats a bit out of the way for me, so I'll pass on this.
Heh... yeah, slightly. We ended up running down Bell until around the equivalent of 300th Ave. It was a fun time.... next time we'll need to do it on a weekend so you can play too.

Any of you guys have the pictures/videos up somewhere yet?

Here's the few that i got that came out 1/2 way decent, and they're still reaaally grainey!

l_3e2873a184fa52e45e8d07a876cd3b9d.jpg

l_7cc674526c09604c2eb068c72a6670cc.jpg

l_a7aa95cbb4a4bc79847361d7b4569ce7.jpg

l_507c32c8e0e6cfe465390b29aa83fffa.jpg

l_de03f27c20dba693eaa34a0a0d131c55.jpg

That's all of 'em worth posting, hope you other guys got some decent shots, anyhow i just wanted to say to Ron and his friend Jay, it was really nice meeting you two guys, your both stand up guys, and it'll be good to have you back soon!

As for the rest of the night, i had a fugging blast when it came down to running you guys... it only took about 3 hours before i hear "hey Justin, YOU wanna run *insert name here*" so yeah since my tour's goin up for sell one of you guys should sell your and buy mine.... it's faster! ;) jk

hope we can do this again soon! and Ron & Jay drive safe, have fun in vegas!

Last edited:
Nice pics... it's funny that both black CSVT's are missing the lower mesh. :)

Yours may even be faster after some basic maintenance!

Jay and I both have pics on our cameras but I'm going to wait until I get back to Wa sunday to download my camera we got some good video too I'll try and get that stuff up next week. But as for right now it's Friday night and we're staying in Vegas another night!!! Later guys.

Glad you made it home safely. I Made a thread with a few of your and my pictures from that night. Hope nobody minds. Hope we can get some video soon!

We did and in second we were bumper to bumper but my third gear shift is real slow (syncro's), top of third he was pulling on me I'd have to say because of his tune and clean upper/lower intake. We'll have to find out if that's why when I get back :laugh:
I'm curious how your car currently dyno's. We'll have to run again when you get back... hopefully I'll have my clutch and stuff in by then.

My car's weird though. My dyno graph compared to Justins (same dyno, same day), mine has lots more low and top end hp & tq, but my mid-range is the same or less than his. But when we run, our cars are about even. For some reason, it runs great on the dyno... but not usually on the road. Perhaps it's my lack of aerodynamic features (grills/meshs) :laugh:

We will definitely have to run again when I get back...off the bottle:laugh: I'm looking forward to getting the car dyno'd/tuned should help it out quite a bit.

LOL aerodynamic features Justin doesn't have the lower mesh either...mabey I should take mine off???

Last edited:
We will definitely have to run again when I get back...off the bottle:laugh: I'm looking forward to getting the car dyno'd/tuned should help it out quite a bit.

LOL aerodynamic features Justin doesn't have the lower mesh either...mabey I should take mine off???

Shhh nooo! don't give away our secret! it's the lower mesh, the cooler air temps caused by lack of resistance gives us an extra 10hp at high speeds! :laugh:

The dyno tune didn't do much for my top end, but it really cleaned up my lower->mid power range... where the secondaries open. Also, part throttle feel & power is much better. I was hoping for a decent top end boost though.

Back