• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

any reason's why smoke would be coming..

GS474, when was the last time your PCV valve was serviced? Does the "smoke" come out of the breather when the motor is running, or only after you shut it off?

Here's how it's done...

Wow, I had no idea until I looked up that link what a PITA that is...

Also replace the crankcase air filter (also called the breather filter)...not to be confused with the filter in the airbox.

il have to drive out to autozone later today and buy some tools and the part i hope (if weather permits it) i will get it done today if this fixes the problem im having it will buy me some more time so i can save up a little more for a newer vehicle

my car is done i did everything right but i think i ****ed up because now its harder to start and it smokes more

so im gonna have to work more hours and get a new car i still have the car but i won't have it for much longer

my car is done i did everything right but i think i ****ed up because now its harder to start and it smokes more

so im gonna have to work more hours and get a new car i still have the car but i won't have it for much longer

If you maintain cars the way you type, get a bicycle.

If you maintain cars the way you type, get a bicycle.

burn.

This doesnt seem right now... 100K miles and a dead zetec? the only times I have heard of a dead zetec is when someone doesnt run oil in it. No I dont think its dead yet. There has to be something else going on, dont give up yet.

Back