• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thinking about giving it up

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
As I have been getting my car ready for spring zing.. I have been thinking that a 10 year 200HP car isn't worth this much frustration.
Right now.. I am just :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing over it...

I seriously need to fall in love with my car again.. and I don't see it happening anytime soon....

You'll fall in love all over again during the drive to SZ. :)
Don't give up just yet.

I am at the point right now where I will go to SZ and fly back if somebody takes it off my hands.. that is over it am right now

is the car giving you problems? if so, it might be a good time to get rid of it. Nobody likes dealing with lots of repairs (something old cars typically need) on a car they no longer care for.

If it is not giving you problems, I would just keep it for a while. You might start liking it again.

I would not suggest lots of modding. The mods will cost lots of money and will only keep you happy for a little while longer. Once the fun of the mods wear off, you will go back to feeling the same way about the car.

Have Sam 3L it for you.

Right. The he can break :censored::censored::censored::censored: like diffs and really be pissed.

I know how you feel Brent. You can see what I did about it too. Did you ever get the motor issues figured out with the place that put in half an SVT motor?

1. Find a road with lots of twisties.
2. Take the car out and have some fun.:shrug:

I've been real bummed about my car lately too. Lot's of problems and I think the motor is about to go. I've been making myself feel better by trying to blow the motor every time I drive it. It's been therapeutic in a weird way. Right now, I'm getting pumped about a 3L.

1. Find a road with lots of twisties.
2. Take the car out and have some fun.:shrug:

I've been real bummed about my car lately too. Lot's of problems and I think the motor is about to go. I've been making myself feel better by trying to blow the motor every time I drive it. It's been therapeutic in a weird way. Right now, I'm getting pumped about a 3L.

I keep hoping mine will get totaled when it's parked or stolen, as it's valued at enough to get another contour and a 3L maybe a few other mods:laugh:

To the OP i was feeling this way a few months ago after spending a good amount of time doing a good clean and detail inside and out and gettin' on it a few times in the twisties I found the love again.

How about this...

Remember that your car is very special. It is on a very short list of affordable sedans that have a V6 and a 5spd manual, such a rarity in North America (sadly). So if you give it up you lose the exclusivity and probably get stuck in an automatic or in a coupe which just isnt the bloody same.

That is the only reason I got a Contour, and the only reason I like it... you'rs being an SVT is just so much cooler, and every other car that has those specs is an even bigger money pit generally.

i'll give you some words of encouragement.....keep the car man! don't get so frustrated. i did that with my previous one and now its totaled! no, not by me, but it happens.:shrug: don't give up on it man. these cars have massive potential. think about it. if i could find another one in my price range(running or not) i'd put out my safety deposit box for another one!

Sure.. but I can't even be sure the rest of the engine is SVT at this point.
But then I have to talk Sam into putting them in for free

I really don't think I could part with her..
I am just very upset right now...
You try and do nice things for a car.. and it :censored::censored::censored::censored:s on you..

I really don't think I could part with her..
I am just very upset right now...
You try and do nice things for a car.. and it :censored::censored::censored::censored:s on you..

welcome to the world of cars. you will always have ups and downs with them. thats just how it is. you just gotta be optimistic. just a little work and she'll be runnin great

Here is one way i look at the problems with my car. In the winter my remote trunk popper will not work so i have to pull the handle inside the car. I never intend to fix it. I call it character/ personality. Also some of my other problems i just think "at least it can give me something to do". Fixing them that is. I really am kinda bored of my SVT. It just isn't enough for me anymore. I feel that it doesn't have the kind of power and poise i am searching for now. But there is no way i can afford a different car. Deep inside of me i really do like it and have gotten attached to it over the years. I still get complements on the cleanliness of it.

Back