• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shipping guys...need help to file court papers..and against who??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrry

Addicted CEG'er
Well long story short, I purchased an item off a ceg'r. It's been 7+ months and a package was never delivered. The person shipped it out but it was lost somehow/where. The ceg'r shipper took 2.5 months to file a claim only after I wrote and called him several times.
After 4 months I decided to stop wasting my time expecting this man to help solve the problem since all he did was fill out a paper and mail it in.

I have contacted the offices and several general managers who work for grey hound. I have spent endless hours speaking to the ceg'rs greyhound shipping location, then I called my shipping locations in michigan.

Every time I have spoken to this ceg'r he has offered little help but that he filed papers and is waiting....so knowing I have to do more to fix this problem, I called several times and spoke to the general manager at the customer service department. He informed me of the shipping areas the package was sent. So off I went... me, the buyer doing all this work while the shipper just kept filling out forms.

Now, after I spoke to a few shipping locations, nobody had anything. They then informed me that the claim number I was using was not usable and my claim was closed. Here is the kicker.... because the dispute initially filed by the shipper was settled. Then they told me that the item if it was left at a shipping location would have been shipped back to the main warehouse in texas. In which it would be filed and claimed after just 45 days. Which means 1.5 months into this the item was sent back. So when the shipper filed the claim 2.5 months later they would have already destroyed the item or had it on file.

So I contacted the shipper and he specifically told me that they lied and he will file court papers.1.5 months ago..well as of today no court papers were filed and he even told me that 2 times now in 1month.

He also mentioned he is busy with the holidays and that he already spent my money and has zero money to refund me.

So I don't believe this CEG'r at all anymore. Every time I try to talk to him on the phone all he says is he filed dispute papers and is waiting. Which obviously after 7+ months isn't working

So I'm at my wits end and I believe this guy is ripping me off. So don't ask who he is.

I would file chargers against Grey Hound... but they stated I have to be the shipper to do so. I can only file them against the shipper. Is that true? If so has anybody done this before to help me move this transaction along.:shrug:
To be nice... I have told the shipper I have no choice but to file them against him...in which he responded "Threatening me with court papers will not get anything else done faster... we'll be talking, have a nice day!.:rolleyes:

Yes I have asked him to refund my money...but in his defense he keeps believing that I might get the big package. in which he would lose out....:help:

I'm glad i didn't buy any other hue 2k plus items he was selling me:rolleyes:

Harrry In my experience with damage/lost claims as I am a manager at a UPS Store

yes only the shipper can file claims in our case that is us we deal with UPS and it can be slow but not more than like 1.5 months.....

and there is a time limit on filing the claim

did the person you purchased the itme from have a tracking number/proof he shipped.?
it is a major pain to deal with damage/loss claims more so on the damage part. if this guy wasn't proactive then he could have unintentionally skrewed this up....

but yeah greyhoud isn't the post office if it isn't here yet it won't be getting here...

good luck contact your attorney he should know who you can sue and how. I hope you have kept all written correspondence.

Good luck

too bad the guy wasn't more professional.

-Neal

Harrry In my experience with damage/lost claims as I am a manager at a UPS Store

yes only the shipper can file claims in our case that is us we deal with UPS and it can be slow but not more than like 1.5 months.....

and there is a time limit on filing the claim

did the person you purchased the itme from have a tracking number/proof he shipped.?
it is a major pain to deal with damage/loss claims more so on the damage part. if this guy wasn't proactive then he could have unintentionally skrewed this up....

but yeah greyhoud isn't the post office if it isn't here yet it won't be getting here...

good luck contact your attorney he should know who you can sue and how. I hope you have kept all written correspondence.

Good luck

too bad the guy wasn't more professional.

-Neal

Thank you for your help purdy. Yes the shipper...did get insurance..$200.00

I have kept all documents. at one point i lost the shipping information he emailed me. I tried to contact him on several attempts to recieve a new one. But he kept teling me will be sending it. Untill i found it myself. Thank god.

So i will print and file all papers and go to the court house for additional help. I would go with my lawyer....but its very pricey:blackeye:

One possible suggestion. FedEx will allow the shipper to release his interest in a shipment and any subsequent claim. If shipper gives written release and transfer to you the consigneee then you can pursue claim on your own.
Maybe Greyhound will allow this.

And also are you sure he declared correct total value and paid extra to insure? If not you'll get maximum $100 only.

Regarding the claim that has already been closed and settled. Did Greyhound confirm claim was under your shipper's name or linked to your original tracking number? If so looks like he got paid for your lost shipment already and now stringing you along. Maybe he spent the money already?

Well long story short, I purchased an item off a ceg'r. It's been 7+ months and a package was never delivered. The person shipped it out but it was lost somehow/where. The ceg'r shipper took 2.5 months to file a claim only after I wrote and called him several times.

No, I filed the claim no more then a month afterwards, after I was told to wait by greyhound to see if it showed up, and when it didn't, I filed the claim.

After 4 months I decided to stop wasting my time expecting this man to help solve the problem since all he did was fill out a paper and mail it in.

Also have made over 50 calls, and I have my verizon wireless breakdown bill to prove it.

I have contacted the offices and several general managers who work for grey hound. I have spent endless hours speaking to the ceg'rs greyhound shipping location, then I called my shipping locations in michigan.

Every time I have spoken to this ceg'r he has offered little help but that he filed papers and is waiting....so knowing I have to do more to fix this problem, I called several times and spoke to the general manager at the customer service department. He informed me of the shipping areas the package was sent. So off I went... me, the buyer doing all this work while the shipper just kept filling out forms.

...and making phone calls, and wiriting emails via greyhound's website, etc etc...

Now, after I spoke to a few shipping locations, nobody had anything. They then informed me that the claim number I was using was not usable and my claim was closed. Here is the kicker.... because the dispute initially filed by the shipper was settled.

If they did in fact tell you this, it is in fact a complete lie on their part. As a matter of fact, when I spoke to them after you told me this, they told me they had no record of any claim I had filed, and I had to refax the forms I had mailed in back in to them.

Then they told me that the item if it was left at a shipping location would have been shipped back to the main warehouse in texas. In which it would be filed and claimed after just 45 days. Which means 1.5 months into this the item was sent back. So when the shipper filed the claim 2.5 months later they would have already destroyed the item or had it on file.

So I contacted the shipper and he specifically told me that they lied and he will file court papers.1.5 months ago..well as of today no court papers were filed and he even told me that 2 times now in 1month.

You are correct, I told both the people I spoke with on the phone, and via internet, that I was going to open a small claims case with them for the 285.00 bucks or so. As a civil process server, when I was at the courthouse, I did pick up the forms, but I am not an attorney, and need to have time to research names, addresses, etc etc etc and then make sure I have the correct names on those documents so I am not wasteing filing fees.

He also mentioned he is busy with the holidays and that he already spent my money and has zero money to refund me.

I used 85 bucks of the 120 minus paypal fees you paid me, to ship the subframe connectors, so 35 bucks over 6 months ago did in fact get spent... the reason I am not refunding you is because I have zero proof from greyhound that the subframe connectors weren't delivered, so until I either get that from them in the form of a settlement, then I am not going to refund you 120 bucks!!! Why should I throw 85 bucks away for absolutely nothing if I have no prooof other then your words that you never received it.

But teh difference is that I am not calling you a lair, you may have never received them, but I need to make sure before I start refunding you money!

So I don't believe this CEG'r at all anymore. Every time I try to talk to him on the phone all he says is he filed dispute papers and is waiting. Which obviously after 7+ months isn't working

So I'm at my wits end and I believe this guy is ripping me off. So don't ask who he is.

I can assure you, I am not ripping you off, as I have never done to anyone on CEG. And now nobody has to ask you who it is, cause I answered your thread, and not because you even called me out, but because I have zero to hide...

I would file chargers against Grey Hound... but they stated I have to be the shipper to do so. I can only file them against the shipper. Is that true? If so has anybody done this before to help me move this transaction along.:shrug:
To be nice... I have told the shipper I have no choice but to file them against him...in which he responded "Threatening me with court papers will not get anything else done faster... we'll be talking, have a nice day!.:rolleyes:

Yes I have asked him to refund my money...but in his defense he keeps believing that I might get the big package. in which he would lose out....:help:

I'm glad i didn't buy any other hue 2k plus items he was selling me:rolleyes:

Like I said in my pm to you, if you want to file some sort of court documents over the 120 dollars, feel free to do so. You will waste your time in doing so. As a matter of fact, I'd like greyhound to provide you with some sort of proof that they gave me a check, or settled my case, as it will only help me recover the money to refund you... but they can't/won't because I HAVEN'T RECEIVED SO MUCH A LETTER FROM THEM WITH MY CLAIM NUMBER!!

You never had a claim number because I never got a claim number from them. So they had no way of telling you it got settled, so either they didn't say that, and you're lying, or they did say that with no claim number to even check and lied to you to try and pass the claim and get you out of their hair...

I honestly believe the latter Harry. I don't believe you to be malicious, or fraudulant, but I am going to cover my rear on this considering the 35 whole bucks I made on the deal(my fault, not yours).

So we can do this via this thread, pms, phone calls, whatever my man. Just know my computer is in SC being repaired, so it may take me some time to get online and reply. I haven't been misleading to you, or lied to you, and I sure as heck HAVE NOT GOTTEN A SETTLEMENT FROM GREYHOUND and will be filling out small claims papers as soon as I know I have the correct information.

One possible suggestion. FedEx will allow the shipper to release his interest in a shipment and any subsequent claim. If shipper gives written release and transfer to you the consigneee then you can pursue claim on your own.
Maybe Greyhound will allow this.

And also are you sure he declared correct total value and paid extra to insure? If not you'll get maximum $100 only.

Regarding the claim that has already been closed and settled. Did Greyhound confirm claim was under your shipper's name or linked to your original tracking number? If so looks like he got paid for your lost shipment already and now stringing you along. Maybe he spent the money already?

I would ahve no problem releasing interest to my claim if greyhound would allow this, but I doubt they are going to do anything since I threatened a small claims suit.

I did insure the package for 200 bucks, and paid extra for it, so thats a go.

The claim could not have been settled as I already explained, they claim they never got my claim papaerwork, and I had to refax it to them, and still never heard back from them concerning it... so they lied to Harry to get him out of their hair as I don't believe Harry would make it up.

I did not get paid anything from greyhound, and if I did, I wouldn;t have any problem refunding his money, but I have gotten NOTHING from greyhound concerning this!

HolyRollerzC3---You brought emotion to a thread that wasn't needed. Now this thread will be locked.

I won't even reply to your post. It will just be us butting heads. I said why i made this post...and it's because you don't have time to help me anymore.

the fact of this matter is ridiculous; why are you making a huge stink over $120? you cant afford to just refund him $120 for all of this crap you put the poor guy through? Come on man.

I took a law class based upon these kinds of matters; LEGALLY you accepted a written contract that stated that you would accept $120 from Harry based upon the fact that you would ship him a set of sub frame connectors. BY LAW you are obligated for those sub frame connectors to show up at the correct location, the time of which you are no longer responsible for those sub frame connectors is when Harry signs for pick up of shipment on the connectors. It is YOUR obligation; if Harry does demand a refund to provide that refund.

and again, $120 dude. Really? It would make you look good to accept the responsibility, and pay the man so this all goes away and everybody is happy. Harry waited 7 months to ask for advice, he didnt even name any names for gods sake, and you came in here and quoted every sentence he wrote, you very well could have said absolutely nothing and not put your name in the trenches, but instead you poped in and made a mess of it, so now you are even more obligated to deal with it.

the fact of this matter is ridiculous; why are you making a huge stink over $125? you cant afford to just refund him $125 for all of this crap you put the poor guy through? Come on man.

...why are you making a big stink about going to bagged's house to get some headlights to ship out? :rolleyes:

Maybe he can't afford to shell out $125 right now, and maybe he is ALSO getting screwed by Greyhound...

Just playing devil's advocate here...

this is just the drama of dealing with an insuarance company you really have to keep on them just like any other insurance caompany it is a major pain in the butt and accept nothing they say unless it is writing and document who you talk to and when.... good luck It really does sound like you guys handled things pretty well you just have the joy of dealing with a shipping companies insurance branch and well they are no fun and obviously a pain....

...why are you making a big stink about going to bagged's house to get some headlights to ship out? :rolleyes:

Maybe he can't afford to shell out $125 right now, and maybe he is ALSO getting screwed by Greyhound...

this is an ongoing thing for 6 months+ he had $120 in his pocket at some time. Ian, wouldnt you want your $120 back after 7 months of waiting and getting jerked around?

Seriously STFU! Being "Devil's advocate" on something you dont understand makes you look stupid, legally it doesnt matter that Greyhound :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed up, its the sellers responsibility that the package arrives or the buyer receives a refund if the package in question cannot be provided; He could have just as easily shipped USPS, UPS, or FedEx if he wanted that was his choice, he choose to ship a company that sucked for delivering packages so he choose to pay the price of having a package lost, and who :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing knows if he even shipped the damn things? Nobody but him.

I shipped out headlights to people to be nice, I could have very easily said no, this is an entirely different situation I got two of those people their headlights, and on top of that got bagged to start building sets again for people and shipping them out, People should be THANKING me for gods sake. Also, for the record... useless drame removed

Harry, I hope you get Connectors, or Money either way this thread turned ugly because of one thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why don't you play on my side:shrug:

I've been patient and respectful up to this point...when i got the pm about him being way to busy to put anymore time and effort into doing anything about this till after the holidays.

Ian, it doesn't take 7 months to refund someone? Does it really? in your case you were complaining about people not getting there headlights fro bagged yet your in here defending the idea of why someone hasn't refunded somebody after 7 months.

Please leave this thread. You came in here with more of a personal agenda and now all this drama unfolded. I came in with a clear head not naming names and explaining the situation as to why i need help..

Your not helping...and you haven't been lately. Keep this on discussion or leave this thread.

this is just the drama of dealing with an insuarance company you really have to keep on them just like any other insurance caompany it is a major pain in the butt and accept nothing they say unless it is writing and document who you talk to and when.... good luck It really does sound like you guys handled things pretty well you just have the joy of dealing with a shipping companies insurance branch and well they are no fun and obviously a pain....

I agree.....since it is out of my hands. It is up to the seller to resolve this issue. I have no power what so ever. Which leaves me looking at him. In which i have tried to find a happy medium.

The killer part is..the item is trashed. According to the general manager at the headquarters in texas...after 2 months of the item sitting at their location, it is sent back to texas headquaters for storage...in which 6 months later it is junked.:blackeye:

...So you guys are AUTOMATICALLY right in this situation? I'm not trying to stir up drama. I'm not trying to post-stalk. I'm just trying to keep people from assuming other people are trying to screw other people. It sounds as if Greyhound is screwing over HolyRollerzC3 as well, even though he paid insurance. It's a bad situation, but the stories don't add up, so how can we take everything that YOU say to be true?

I guess I won't play the voice of reason, then.

un-needed bashing removed, drop the drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
...So you guys are AUTOMATICALLY right in this situation? I'm not trying to stir up drama. I'm not trying to post-stalk. I'm just trying to keep people from assuming other people are trying to screw other people. It sounds as if Greyhound is screwing over HolyRollerzC3 as well, even though he paid insurance. It's a bad situation, but the stories don't add up, so how can we take everything that YOU say to be true?

I guess I won't play the voice of reason, then.

And by the way Jared, why don't you go review on how to give a girl an orgasm so she doesn't have to fake it for you?

Why oh why......are you posting in here again. I asked if you can leave. Your being hypocritical.....please leave. Again you brought another agenda in here. And you proved it by the statement you made.

Well you should be banned for this.

WOW. I apologize if I don;t have 120 bucks laying around to send to someone... because I don't... and you seem to forget that I spent 85 of it shipping the item... but I'll tell ya what, I can refund the lousy 35 bucks I made on the item, and after all is said and done with greyhound, if/when I get a check from them this millenium, I'll refund you the rest...

let me know harry, otherwise, I guess you can sue me... :shrug:

and this is where this thread ends, sorry guys.

to AJ and Zorrex, this petty bickering needs to stop. you have both been warned about this behavioir before.

to the op, I hope that you can work the situation out but this thread has also turned into a feedback thread, which isn't allowed. please take it to pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back