• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

EVO vs STI

I'd love to pick up one of those new STi's. Very nice cars. The new evo looks good, I just happen to be a subby fan. :)

always been an evo fan over the sti. Im not sure if i like that they lowered the power though.

always been an evo fan over the sti. Im not sure if i like that they lowered the power though.
Evo IX- 286 HP 289 TQ 4G63 Engine
Evo X- 291 HP 300 TQ 4B11T Engine

I guess the powerband is very different between the 2 engines. The IX has more power up top while the X has the power lower in the revs...which is agood thing.

all the reviews and tests i've seen/read about have the new sti ahead of the new evo:shrug:
they're both ugly so thats the only they're both equally "good" about.

all the reviews and tests i've seen/read about have the new sti ahead of the new evo:shrug:
they're both ugly so thats the only they're both equally "good" about.
In the latest issue, Car and Driver placed in this order best to worst: Evo, VW R32, STI.

actually best motoring did a Tsukuba Battle 08STI, 07sti vs. EVO9, and 2 EVO X with 2 different trannies. they finished in order from 1st to last....08STI, 07 STI, EVO 9 and the two evo X's last. there was a vid on youtube but has been removed because of copywrites. the two evo X's finished slower than the evo 9. hahahaaaa

actually best motoring did a Tsukuba Battle 08STI, 07sti vs. EVO9, and 2 EVO X with 2 different trannies. they finished in order from 1st to last....08STI, 07 STI, EVO 9 and the two evo X's last. there was a vid on youtube but has been removed because of copywrites. the two evo X's finished slower than the evo 9. hahahaaaa

So everyone else on here has shown proof for what their claiming for what's better. however, you.........do not;)
How am i supposed to believe you?lol

Here's our brand new STi that just arrived last Friday. I like them, though I do have to say it looks better in person then in pictures. Sorry for the picture quality, they were taking with my cell. Enjoy.
frontside.jpg

side.jpg

rear.jpg

sideflares.jpg

front.jpg

engine.jpg

Back