• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car wont start

98MystiqueLS

CEG'er
So i decided that i was going to take the upper intake manifold off today to clean it up a bit.As im taking it off one of the bolts snapped. Someone cross threaded it at one time apparently but i continued. There was a ton of crap in it. So i carefully cleaned everything out. I put it all back togther except for that one bolt. Now it doesnt start....Turns over and i have spark and hear the fuel pump kicking on but no start. Im thinking it may be that bolt but i have no clue...Of course it has to happen when my other car is down too. Any Ideas :shrug:

the bolt won't prevent the car from starting.

Have you double checked all of the connections to make sure you haven't left something unplugged?

Im pretty sure everything is plugged in. Ive taken everything apart and im going to re do everything tomorrow after i get back from school. Hopefully its not something worse like a snapped timing belt or something. Not sure if its a belt or a chain. I pulled the oil cap off and saw that the cams are turning and the waterpump pullies are turning as well.

the zetecs are timing belts and the duratecs are timing chains.

What all did you take off and unplug to remove the intake? I am assuming you have the V6.

there were only 2 plugs. One on a little vacume canister ? and the other on what looked to be some sort or electronic valve near the EGR. And you are correct i have the V6

Back