• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New set of wheels...

MAZDASPEED

Hard-core CEG'er
...just pulled in the driveway with her. 2008 Malibu LS in Imperial Blue. 57 miles on the odometer. The fit and finish, ride and handling is worlds better than the '06 and '07 I've had. It's a bigger vehicle though, it'll take some getting used to as the corners are a bit undefined. At least the passenger side airbag works in this one:

IMG_0519.sized.jpg

IMG_0524.sized.jpg

IMG_0520.sized.jpg

IMG_0521.sized.jpg

IMG_0523.sized.jpg

IMG_0522.sized.jpg

Stylish little details:
IMG_0525.sized.jpg

Sharp clean interior:
IMG_0526.sized.jpg

Can't stand those taillights, but it's one of the best interiors GM has put out in a consumer vehicle in a long time. Post up your impressions, it looks like a nice car!

Not to be a jerk, but the rear looks like ass. Pun intended :laugh:. The front looks pretty nice, though, and that interior is great!

And sooooo it begins.....

....Thursday, 4000mi on the odo, I'm on the highway, out on a mission, notice that the tire pressure monitor is indicating a flat, funny 'cuz everything seems fine. I start to pull to the side as I toggle thru the read outs. Tire pressures are fine. I get to the side of the road, notice that the transmission is indicating that I'm in L (lowest gear). I almost crap myself, but the shifter is actually in the drive position. I shift the selector into park and it still shows L.

I look up at my gages to see if the check engine light is on or if anything else is flashing and I notice that the speedo is stuck at 60mph, the tach is stuck and I assume the temp and fuel gauges are stuck....Off to the dealer I go.

Two days later, they are trying to find a gauge cluster as mine is fried and no one has any in stock since the car is so new....At this point they are waiting on GM to build me a new one. I don;t know who the light near the shifter relates to the gauge cluster or why the tire PSI sensor is flashing a warning. The dealer had the gall to call me and tell me that the car is driveable and if I want to pick it up I can...I asked if any of the gauges work and the service rep (at the GM dealer) says no, but the car runs. I said hell no, you're keeping it til it's fixed, I'm staying in the rental...the odo isn't even working!

It sucks because I was truely impressed by the ride, fit and finish of the car when you consider the price tag is $19K.

oh well.

That sucks man... IMO there is too much technology crap being put into cars today, stuff that people do not even need... All it does is create more problems for the owners, and more money for the dealers once the warranty runs out :nonono:

Like if someone can not check their tire pressure by themselves or know when they have a flat, then they probably should not be driving a car in the first place, LOL...

too bad. it's a nice looking car, but i'd never buy one in the first year of a production run or redesign. that's what i love about my 9-5. they haven't changed the car in 10 years!

That sucks man... IMO there is too much technology crap being put into cars today, stuff that people do not even need... All it does is create more problems for the owners, and more money for the dealers once the warranty runs out :nonono:

Like if someone can not check their tire pressure by themselves or know when they have a flat, then they probably should not be driving a car in the first place, LOL...

That's why I LOVE my base-model Contour! I take care of everything myself. I hate gadgets :p

That's why I LOVE my base-model Contour! I take care of everything myself. I hate gadgets :p

Haha

My Neighbor has an 08 aveo, pos little $10k car but its fun to drive and 35mpg avg. Even then it has a flat detector, DRL, automatic pass airbag, etc. For the airbag to be armed his daughters have to almost jump on the seat.
If it were mine the switch would be permanently engaged and the DRL would be sniped.

Haha

My Neighbor has an 08 aveo, pos little $10k car but its fun to drive and 35mpg avg. Even then it has a flat detector, DRL, automatic pass airbag, etc. For the airbag to be armed his daughters have to almost jump on the seat.
If it were mine the switch would be permanently engaged and the DRL would be sniped.
GUARANTEE it has a full dash that DOESN'T have a breakaway for the airbag. I guess these car makers don't want a passenger air bag going off if no one is sitting there. :rolleyes: I drive an '08 base model Tacoma at work from time to time and it has two settings for the airbag: Off and Auto. :mad: :censored: And guess what? It has a full seamless dash with NO breakaway section for the airbag! Needs more driver preferences! :censored:

see i only liked the new malibu they had in the commercials for the redesign. it was like the SS model i belive...it looked good.

but i don't like the non ss model.

GUARANTEE it has a full dash that DOESN'T have a breakaway for the airbag. I guess these car makers don't want a passenger air bag going off if no one is sitting there. :rolleyes: I drive an '08 base model Tacoma at work from time to time and it has two settings for the airbag: Off and Auto. :mad: :censored: And guess what? It has a full seamless dash with NO breakaway section for the airbag! Needs more driver preferences! :censored:

It has a breakaway, I've popped it back into place twice now!

Back