• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any one need a 3L?

JoeM

Veteran CEG'er
Supposed to have 66k Miles on it. (according to the junkyard)
185 Compression across the board.
Full motor. its an 01.

Any one want it for the $350 i paid? If in the metro, i will deliver.

I think i am just going to rebuild the 3L heads on my own car.

Its out of a 2001 Taurus

Has manifolds and pulleys and all that still attached.

Last edited:
oh shoot oh shoot oh shoot. how can I spin this to the wife that I need this.

Don't ask, just do.

"Act like you don't give a crap, and you fit right in."

still.jpeg

Balls + knife / her when made = me not wanting to live.

Austin Milbarge: "Show some balls!"

Emmett Fitzhume: "I think it's too late to try and impress them."

65617-large.jpg

However, this may apply to your particular situation: :laugh:

whip.jpg

Go to your wife and tell her how its going to be. Unless she makes most of the money it should be a non-issue.

Plus its always easier to beg for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

oh shoot oh shoot oh shoot. how can I spin this to the wife that I need this.

Go to your wife and tell her how its going to be. Unless she makes most of the money it should be a non-issue.

Plus its always easier to beg for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

Pud is right, it is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. You can always "make it up to her" later. :D She'll forgive you.

Do it!

I usually just buy things and then tell my husband.
"Hun, I bought headers today." He says: OK. "Oh, and I got some new mufflers for my SVT too." LOL!
Like I said, you can make it up to her. ;)

If I was going to get it, then I would have to get headers, and stuff for the trannys since I have it off, and rent an engine hoist, and a chip. This is getting expensive. :laugh:

I did just buy some SVT floormats from bagged and didn't tell her, but I doubt she will even notice and I can always bend the truth about how much they cost....but and engine is a little harder to hide as is the cost of one.

Last edited:
One? I thought the SVT's had two?:crazy::laugh:

I still need to get mine fixed. I need a new 90 degree corner and I am gonna have the resonator taken out. :)

Just get an SVT and swap the exhaust onto that one. A lot easier. :laugh: You missed out on the $60 front SVT bumper yesterday.

:shocked::shocked: Where?? Wish I had seen that one..:mad: I am still waiting on my two. Oh wait... Nobody is supposed to know about them. ;)

Bagged had it for sale in the classifieds. He has a TON of stuff in there right now. He just picked up a couple more cars and is parting them out. :laugh:

So you did get those things. :)

Now you need to get a SVT UIM, LIM, Injectors, TB and PCM and you should be set.

Bagged had it for sale in the classifieds. He has a TON of stuff in there right now. He just picked up a couple more cars and is parting them out. :laugh:

So you did get those things. :)
Damnit!!!!!!

Yes I did. I am still paying on them while hes trying to figure out shipping. This is costing me alot, but it will be well worth it. Its gonna probably be 2-300 to get them fixed and painted. And thats at the college.:blackeye::blackeye:

Damnit!!!!!!

Yes I did. I am still paying on them while hes trying to figure out shipping. This is costing me alot, but it will be well worth it. Its gonna probably be 2-300 to get them fixed and painted. And thats at the college.:blackeye::blackeye:

Rattle can! Rattle can!! :laugh: We be hijacking this thread yo! Time to change course.

Back