• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEL Help

Suba Blu

Hard-core CEG'er
We've got a pretty decent code reader at work and I've plugged my SVT to the scanner and gotten this failure 2 times now.. "intake runner stuck open"

The only thing that has changed recently is that I installed a Pole120 Optimized throttle body.. the car seems to be running fine, infact better than before - only real noticeable diff is decreased fuel economy

Cleared the code 2 times and after a few starts and stops it always comes back. I havent removed the UIM as it shouldnt be gummed up or anything as the rebuilt engine has roughly 7k on it and replaced all the gaskets and cleaned everything all nice. This code never made its appearance prior to the installation of the new TB

I did clean my idle air control valve about 2 months ago as well.

Any ideas? I dont have a stock SVT TB anymore to swap back to see if that would fix the code so I've just been clearing the code once or twice a week. Also when I move the throttle cable lever on the TB it appears to move properly and I can hear the butterflies open and close identical to the other SVT we own.

thanks in advance.

Back