• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAT system

99 svt

CEG'er
I have lowering springs on my SVT, but I didn't see a name on them. It is too low for the winters in PA and I am thinking about going with the BAT springs and performance struts. For those who have them, are you satisfied with the ride/performance? Mine handles awsome, but I'm asking for trouble with all the potholes and snow where I live.

luca should kno and allen too they both i think have the bat system in. post a question in the northeast fourm also. and welcome.

also if u want to get rid of those springs later let me know

I have the BAT kit in my car, and drive it all winter long w/o issue. The ride is great, not too harsh, but a little better than stock. About 1" of drop, just about right for me.:cool:

I'll let you know when I do the swap. I'll probably roll on these springs for the summer, and in September drop in the new ones. Hopefully I'll be able to find a brand name on them. It is a good 2in drop and they are black. There is very little body roll on turns. I love it, but when my tranny went a few weeks ago no one could tow it by the front weels without damaging the exhaust/rear bumper because of all the hills in the area. The flatbed would have been worse. Chains and a 4X4 did the trick. The worst part was it was a chevy.

I have the BAT suspension on my 98 lx and I like it alot. The ride is tight without being too stiff and it really cut down on body roll. I live here in MI and it was fine in the snow this past winter.

Yeah, but I played snowplow too much this winter with my front end. Daily drivability wins over handling. Sucks being sensible.

It is a good 2in drop and they are black.

I'm willing to bet they are the Eibach Pro Kit Springs like the ones I had on but were just replaced by Scott (I helped where I could :)) w/ a Koni/ B&G setup. Eibach's are really low in the back (i'd say about a 2 inch drop even though the company says 1.25 or something) but not as low in the front.

I think Eibachs are black. The B&G's we just put on were orange. Don't know about Intrax or any others.

B&G's are red man get it right :laugh:

Last edited:
Give it some time man, they will be brown from rust. :laugh:

Nah, hope not. Some ppl have told me their B&G's are still red after a couple years (fingers crossed). I clear-coated my Konis w/ rustoleum clear prior to installation so hopefully that works b/c I've heard the Koni paint is crap.

Yeah I'm worried about drops and PA winters here too, really horrible roads that my car barely has clearance for at stock height, that's why I was thinking about those KSport coilovers, recently posted in a thread in here as it says the height is fully adjustable. It snowed one night here and the next day I tried to go to ESU and the road I had to take was plowed, but poorly leaving about 3 inches of slush/ice right in the middle of the lane with the pavement on either side where numerous peoples tires had driven was only wet, I thought it was going to rip my exhaust off and I defintiely heard it scrape a couple times, my brothers Cougar, also sitting on stock suspension, probably wouldn't have made it a mile on that road without major damage to his front bumper and exhaust. Knowing this area and what you have to face, I'd say either don't drop it at all, or get a suspension with full ride height adjustment so you can lower it in summer and put it back up in winter. Your best bet for saving money is a cheap winter beater.

Last edited:
I've stomped around your area quite a bit. You know what I'm talking about livin only about 30-40 miles away. As long as I keep away from the potholes, I think an extra inch in height and an exhaust adjustment will work. I've got no place to park an extra vehicle for now, so hopefully the BAT system does what I want it to do.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been to my area, what a horrible place it is haha. Yeah the BAT suspension should fit your needs, I didn't notice you already have it dropped 2 inches, you're braver than I, just try to avoid said potholes and also don't go out a day after it snows haha. I'm sorta spolied where I live, as bad and boring as it is here, there's lots of space to own a winter beater, 17 of my 19 acres is all woods, but I also have 2, 2 car garages so I can fit many vehicles.

I bought the car lowered, so there is no bravery involved.
My friend lives in Clarkes Summit and one of my Marines lives in Tunkanac (sorry for the spelling). I just moved to the area for a 3 year contract with the Marines. I drilled in the area the past 6 years as a reserve. Good times.

Hey there 99 SVT! We're having a meet at Harry's U-Pull-It in Hazelton on 21 April, you are welcome to join us if you'd like. So far we have 6 or 7 people coming. Check the north east section for the thread "meet at Harry's" (or something like that)

Here's my ride with the BAT kit:
PoconoRacewaygarage.jpg

I like the ride, it's been on for almost a year now. I couldn't go much lower or I wouldn't be able to get out of my driveway.

Last edited:
That spelling is fine, I actually live right in the middle of Tunkhannock and Clarks Summit, it's 9 miles to either one from my house haha. What's your friend's name in the MC that lives in Tunkhannock? I have a friend who went to Tunkhannock and is now in Force Recon, Nathan Croop. He just got his CQC cert.

Back