• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

aluminum UIM for oval port 3l?

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=83915

hahaha.

"No go for me guys, guy wants a fortune......"

Is that a CEG'er?
standard1.jpg

yes, it's Nima, 96blackse. Given what it takes to get ahold of one of these manifolds, that price isn't terribly outlandish, just more than most contour/cougar owners would be willing to pay.

i call BS on that ebay ad! theres no waterpump provision, so it has to be off a 2000 sable only that i know of, trust me i ran into that problem about a year ago.

1999 & prior 3.0L Taurus - alumuinum valve covers. No rear water pump.
2000 3.0L Taurus - plastic valve covers. No rear water pump.
2001+ 3.0L Taurus - plastic valve covers. Rear water pump on LH intake cam.

i want one so i can polish it and make it look nice n shiney.

but if i cant get one for any reasonable price ill just make the plastic one look good

So I've read through all of the posts... but I still can't really see any major discussion on the clear differences in the oval port vs split port. Are the oval ports that much better for performance? My sisters car (99 Taurus) has the 3.0L duratec with an aluminum intake manifold. I saw that and was like "I thought only the ST220 manifolds where aluminum". So I guess I was right such that they are the only "oval port" aluminum manifolds.

So back to the question.. Oval vs split are they compatible (as far as direct swaps) and if so what are the pros/cons? I don't have a 3.0L, I'm just curious.

Oval and split port manifolds are not directly compatible. Those that use the 2.5's split port UIM and LIM with the 3.0 heads have to do some porting to make it work.

And the 3.0's split port isn't a direct swap onto the 2.5 engine.

mike knows that much. he's kinda looking for dimensions or runner lengths that might make it better. :)

Really? Because if I remember correctly, he said:

Oval vs split are they compatible (as far as direct swaps)?

That's the question I answered. I didn't see him asking anything about dimensions or technical specs.

Back