• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Somebody t-boned me today!

so apparently you use your CSVT as some kind of battle tank. :laugh:

Mr Funny Man, I see........ hahaha

Just because people mash garage doors on top of it doesn't mean I drive it like a tank! LOL Sometimes I wish it were.

Anyways...sorry for the sidetracking, Jim. I really don't think they will total yours out. It just doesn't look as bad as mine. But insurance companies are all different, so you never know. Good luck either way!

maybe I'm really late BUT, what happened to the red 95?

My 96 was sold earlier this year. Broke the crankshaft in two pieces due to low oil pressure causing what im assuming to seize the motor. It was my only car since I've moved out and I needed another car. I bought this 99 and had to sell the 96 to pay this one off. The buyer that bought my 96 has parted out the car.

Okay, heres the update. The insurance adjuster came buy the house today to take a look at the car. Good news is, the guy that hit me is paying for it. Im guessing that since he was never returning the insurance's phone calls, they figured he was at fault.

Now for the damage. Total is going to run just a hair under $3800 to fix according to the adjuster. That includes a new front fender, new drivers side door, new outer shell on the rear door, pulling out the B pillar, and painting the rear fender. Even though the guy did do some minor blemishes on my wheels, I ended up letting it go. According to the adjuster the car was almost totalled, but I have a feeling he was basing that a base model contour. I feel the way the car sits without any damage, I probably could get about $6K for it.

Anywho, the car goes into the shop on Monday and should be done in 5-8 business days. :)

Good to hear yours is getting fixed. The estimate is right around what mine was....and mine has more miles, so I'm glad they decided to save yours.

Well, just an update.

The bodyshop wanted to go ahead and replace the entire rear door instead of just the outer skin. I'm guessing the inner skin of the door had more damage than it was worth to repair. I'd rather have the entire door replaced anyways. It did tack on another $200 so its about $4000 worth of damange.

Car should be done tomorrow. It's in the paint booth now as we speak. I'll take pictures tomorrow. :)

thats good news. but the adjuster was right at 3800 your prob. at about 75%~ of its market value

cool man. it'll be clean once again. that kinda reminds me of my car.... i bought it with 101k on it and the seller wanted 5100 for it. a few days before i bought it there was a hailstorm and dented the backside of the car, and one of the doors. so the previous owner had paintless dent removal done and i got the car for 1000 less. the interior was so clean.... the back seat had never had a person in it!

glad to know your keepin it alive, i'm so tired of seeing dead SVT's!

Alright heres some pictures. The car is dirty since it was raining yesterday, but the car turned out great. Only thing I had them adjust as I was looking the car over was the front fender because I thought the gap between the fender and the hood was a little too wide. So they took about 5 mins and fixed that. I drove the car home and also noticed that the seat belt trim piece wasn't in completely, so I had to fix that too. Overall though, they did an excellent job. In case you missed it, I got a new front fender, new front door, new used rear door, they had to repair a part of the rear fender, pull out the B-pillar, and replace the wheel well plastic liner in the front. You cant tell its been in an accident at all.

contour001.jpg

contour002.jpg

contour003.jpg

contour004.jpg

contour005.jpg

Back