• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New pics

Glad to see everything is starting to come together.
You had that "ricer" look going for a while, atleast PurpleMystique would say so. :laugh:

If you don't mind me asking, how much time/money went into building that turbo kit?

Glad to see everything is starting to come together.
You had that "ricer" look going for a while, atleast PurpleMystique would say so. :laugh:

If you don't mind me asking, how much time/money went into building that turbo kit?
well i could replicate the turbo kit for about $3500. that includes all the parts and my time to fabricate everything. it does not include a tune though.

I still have that "ricer" look as i have not gotten the SVT kit painted yet.

well i could replicate the turbo kit for about $3500. that includes all the parts and my time to fabricate everything. it does not include a tune though.

I still have that "ricer" look as i have not gotten the SVT kit painted yet.

Well with my ATX i doubt a turbo would be the way to go. Maybe I'll just stick with my original plans of the Jackson Racing Supercharger.

Well with my ATX i doubt a turbo would be the way to go. Maybe I'll just stick with my original plans of the Jackson Racing Supercharger.
yeah the torque curve of the SC will be better for the ATX.

i started it up tonight. however i have 2 oil leeks that i need to take of first. one of them is my fault and the other im not sure of just yet. the first one i cross threaded the turbo oil feed line fitting onto the adapter fitting that goes into the head.:troutslap: the second one looks like its coming from the PCV valve but im not sure yet. will have to wait till it cools.

^^^ just rebuild and beef that thing up. your stock atx cant take the power but im sure you could fix that

what would need to be done in order to have the CD4E handle the power?

im not exactly sure, i know a new valve body and the one of the valves that feed or return fluid for the toque converter are weak as well. look around and there is a link to a faq in the transaxle section.

group buy for a turbo kit-lol :laugh:

I am more than willing to build and sell kits as people want them. once i have the plumbing figured out so that it clears the AC parts i will change my signiture stating that turbo kits are for sale.

I am more than willing to build and sell kits as people want them. once i have the plumbing figured out so that it clears the AC parts i will change my signiture stating that turbo kits are for sale.

I've seen a few people run non-intercooled kits. Would your kit be intercooled?

My current setup is intercooled. however i would be willing to make a non-intercooled, lower boost setup at a lower cost.

Cool. I might be in touch. Are there any serious mods that need to be done in order to make it work?

Cool. I might be in touch. Are there any serious mods that need to be done in order to make it work?
well i had to remove the AC on my current setup but that was my choosing cause i never use it. my kit will be usable with the AC system. the only other thing i had to modify was the coilpack bracket in order to tap into the head for the oil supply for the turbo.

well i had to remove the AC on my current setup but that was my choosing cause i never use it. my kit will be usable with the AC system. the only other thing i had to modify was the coilpack bracket in order to tap into the head for the oil supply for the turbo.

Well that might be easier than fabbing a bracket for the supercharger kit then.
Because i have an ATX, would it be able to handle the higher boost with the intercooler, or would the lower boost, non-intercooled setup, put less strain on the ATX?

Well that might be easier than fabbing a bracket for the supercharger kit then.
Because i have an ATX, would it be able to handle the higher boost with the intercooler, or would the lower boost, non-intercooled setup, put less strain on the ATX?

you have an atx, unless you spend lots of money on beefing it up to be able to take the power. it doesnt matter if you can run high boost or not. the atx will fry.

Back