• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior lights and stereo not working

cnewton44

Hard-core CEG'er
Simply what the title says. I checked the fuse for the stereo and its fine. Also checked the relay for the interior lights and got a new one and still no worky... I know noting about electrical :( Someone help?

I'm tracking down some battery drain issues here, and FUSE 34 under the dash appears to also kill the radio along with the interior lights (it lists it as interior lights/power mirror fuse).

I had a big time draw (battery was dead in 2 days tops), narrowed it down to something on FUSE 34.
I've noticed it kills the lights/mirrors, but also the radio, my PATS light isn't flashing anymore ( but the vehicle starts), as well the remote no longer responds.

Anyone know if the Ford CD would have the schematics showing what runs off that fuse?

I'm tracking down some battery drain issues here, and FUSE 34 under the dash appears to also kill the radio along with the interior lights (it lists it as interior lights/power mirror fuse).

I had a big time draw (battery was dead in 2 days tops), narrowed it down to something on FUSE 34.
I've noticed it kills the lights/mirrors, but also the radio, my PATS light isn't flashing anymore ( but the vehicle starts), as well the remote no longer responds.

Anyone know if the Ford CD would have the schematics showing what runs off that fuse?

You are correct to check fuse #34 for the original poster.

I'd check the interior trunk light wiring and fixture for a short

FUSE 34

I was wiring up the new head unit in my 2k SVT and the hack jobs before me had cut the harness to hell. While replacing it, the wires sparked and popped a fuse. I have the same symptoms about the pats/radio/remote not working and radio fuse 7.5 amp is still good. I will check fuse 34 next. \

Only difference is mine won't start because I have the factory 3/4 alarm from ford and you have to hit the unlock button on the key fob for the car to start..... so it is stranded in my driveway :mad:.

Back