• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Window Issues

Phoenix33

CEG'er
I searched and couldnt find anything on this so im sorry if its in a thread somewhere else. I cant get my window to go up, i can hear the motor running when i push the button, and when i push the down button the window moves down, but when i press the up button the window doesnt move.

My question is, what usually fails, the motor or the regulator. If it is just the motor i can get one from a local junkyard for 25 bucks. i wanted to maybe get an idea of what was at fault before i took the door panel off.

regulator is broke, as for many other cars it usual comes with the motor as for tours i dont know... i would say get the $25 from the junkyard as you can at least have the extra motor just in case

iirc the regualtor and motor are all one part. the motor might be seperate. I beleive that you can still get them from the dealer.

also if you help the window close will it?

the window slides up fairly easily if i pull up on it, but it stops about an inch from being all they way up.

So from the sounds of it i cant get away with buying just the motor from the junkyard. ill post more details tonight when i actually take the door panel off.

Im replacing the headlights tonight too, brand new ones just arrived today. is there anything i can do to prevent them from fogging up?

Im replacing the headlights tonight too, brand new ones just arrived today. is there anything i can do to prevent them from fogging up?

keep them waxed. or on a regular basis use the meguirs plast-x. you can also get clear headlight covers from GTS that will help protect the lights too.

Back